V2 Chapter 8:Exploration

The female members of RWBY are still looking at Professor Oobleck with faces of shock and disbelief. Weiss finally decided to talk for the four of them.

Weiss:Professor Oobleck?

Oobleck:Yes, I'm afraid those bags won't be necessary, children. Seeing as you've opted to shadow a Huntsman on what is now essentially a reconnaissance mission, I can assure you we will not be establishing a single base of operations. Rather, we will be traversing several miles of hazardous wasteland and making camp in any defendable locations we may stumble upon. I packed all of our essentials myself, plotted our course, and readied the airship. And (gets in Weiss's face) it's Doctor Oobleck. I didn't earn my the PhD for fun, thank you very much.

Weiss:(looks over to Blake) Uhh...

Oobleck:Come now, children! According to my schedule we are already three minutes behind... Schedule.

Oobleck speeds off to the airship. After he does, Y/n starts to lightly laugh.

Weiss:And what do you find funny!?

Y/n:You being told.

Blake:You seem to be enjoying this more than we are.

Y/n:Well yeah, Oobleck is one of my favorite professors.

The girls look at Y/n with faces of disbelief.

Y/n:Well, think of it like this: it's not Port.

The girls stay silent, until Yang speaks up.

Yang:Yeah, that's fair.

Ruby:Alright, looks like we're going to save the world with Doctor Oobleck- Okay yeah that still sounds bad, sorry Y/n.

Y/n:(shrugs)Eh, your lost.

???:Save the world!?

The five turn around to see JNPR walking towards them, Nora being the one to tell at them.

Nora:You're going on a world-saving missions without us? I'm hurt! Sad! Maybe a little hungry? That last one's not your fault though... Ren.

Ren turns away and crosses his arms.

Jaune:Sounds exciting where are you going?

Ruby:Oh just outside the kingdom.

Nora:Hey, so are we!

Pyrrha:Ren and Nora wanted to Shadow the sheriff of a nearby village.

Skylar:We basically become deputies.

Ren:We set out tomorrow.

Neptune:(walks up with Sun) Then you can party with us tonight! We're shadowing a crime specialist. All inner-city detective stuff. We get Junior badges! (Jaune fanboys)

Sun:We normally go to the city with you guys, which means stuff always exploding and junk. so we thought this might be a better way to check out the kingdom when it's... Ya know... Normal.

Ruby:Well-

Oobleck:(appears from the airship) Four minutes, children! (goes back in)

The group has an awkward silence, until Ruby goes to talk again.

Ruby:Well, uh... Wish us luck.

RWBY starts to head towards the airship, with JNPR, Sun, and Neptune going back to Beacon. As the walked, Y/n felt a hand on his shoulder. He turns to see Skylar behind him.

Skylar:Be careful out there, okay?

Y/n:No promises Sky.

The two share a quick hug before Y/n starts to run over to the airship, finally getting on as it starts to take off.