V3 Chapter 3:Answers

The next day, the tournament has moved on to it's next phase, the doubles battle. As the battles go on, Y/n was distracted the whole time, still thinking on what Ozpin had told him last night. He was brought out of his thought, however, when someone shook his shoulders. He turned to see Ruby looking back at him, worry in her eyes.

Ruby:Are you okay?

Y/n:Of course, why wouldn't I be.

Ruby:You seem distracted, and last time you where like that, something was bothering you. You haven't even been paying attention to the battles.

Y/n:Of course I have. Coco and Yatsuhashi are going against Mercury and Emerald.

Yang:(leans over) That was two rounds ago.

Y/n:What?

Y/n looks down at the arena to see two different teams fighting now.

Y/n:Huh... Guess I haven't been paying attention... I need to go and do something.

Y/n goes to stand, Ruby grabbing his arm as he does.

Ruby:Do you want me to come with you?

Y/n:No, I'll be fine. It's a, personal matter.

Y/n fully stands and walks towards the exit, making Ruby look at him in worry.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi Y/n sleeping during the tournament

Ozpin is seen sitting at his desk, watching the tournament from his tablet. He was interrupted by the elevator dinging, making him look up.

Ozpin:Come in.

The doors open, revealing Melissa in the elevator.

Ozpin:Ah, Melissa. What can I do for you?

Melissa:(walking in)I'm really worried about Y/n, professor. I feel that if we tell him about all the magic that's in the world, it would change him.

Ozpin:I understand Melissa, but this needs to be done. If it's not, who knows what could happen to him.

Melissa:I know, I'm just, worried...

Ozpin:I know how you feel Melissa. You want what's best for you son, but you also want him to be safe. It's hard to let your children go.

Melissa:You talk as if you... Ozpin did you have a-

Melissa was interrupted by the elevator dinging again, making Ozpin look towards it.

Ozpin:Come in.

The doors open to reveal Y/n in the elevator. He walks out, confusion on his face.

Melissa:Y/n, how are you?

Y/n:I'm- I wanted to know more about, about what I was told yesterday.

Ozpin:Yes of course. Why don't you take a seat. Melissa, you could as well.

Y/n nods and walks towards the seat across from Ozpin's desk, sitting in the seat once he gets there. Melissa takes a seat next to him, patting his head as she does.

Ozpin:Where would you like to start?

Y/n:I, don't really know.