V2 Chapter 2:Reflecting Opinions

In Beacon's library, team RWBY are sitting at a table with a boardgame in-between them. Ruby was across from Yang, Weiss was across from Blake, and Y/n was sitting next to Ruby. At a table behind them, team JNPR are seen studying, most at least. Ren, Skylar, and Pyrrha are while Nora was sleeping and Juane was just reading a comic book. Back to RWBY, everyone was waiting for Ruby to make a turn. Weiss looks at her cards confused, Yang has a smug look, Blake is spaced out, and Y/n is looking over Ruby's shoulder.

Y/n:(whisper) Rubes, are you sure that will work?

Ruby:(whispers back) Yes, this is a guaranteed winnable strategy.

Y/n:Okay, good luck.

Y/n sits back down in his chair and Ruby look over to Yang and points at her.

Ruby:Yang Xiao Long, prepare your kingdom for battle!

Yang:Bring it on!

Ruby: I deploy, the Atlesian Air Fleet! (Yang gasps) Looks like I get to fly right over your Ursai and attack your walls directly!

Ruby makes an airplane noise and moves her hands together to replicate one, making Y/n chuckle. Yang gasp again and points at Ruby.

Yang:You fiend!

Ruby:And since Atlas is part of mantle, my repair time only lasts one turn.

Yang:(Laughs) Pretty sneaky sis, but you've just activated my trap card!

Ruby:Whaaaaaaaaaa!?

Yang:Giant Nevermore! (slams her fist in the table, shaking the pieces) If I roll a seven or higher, fatal feathers will slice your fleet in two.

Ruby:But, if you roll a six or lower, the Nevermore will turn on your own forces.

Yang:That's just a chance I'm willing to take.

Yang rolls the die as Ruby looks at it scared, Y/n looks curiously, Weiss looks in confusion, and Blake still not paying attention. As the die rolled, it started to slow down and appeared to land on a three, making Ruby sigh in relief. But the die rolled once more, landing right on a seven.

Yang:Hah!

Ruby:Noooooooo, my fearless soldiers!

Yang:Eh, most of them were probably Androids.

Ruby:Goodbye my friends, you will be avenged.

Yang:Not until I draw my rewards, which are doubled as round thanks to the Mistral trade route!

Ruby:Bah!

Yang:Oh, and what's this? The Smuggles of Wind Path!?

Ruby:Bah! Bah I say!

Yang:Looks like I'm taking two cards from your hand!

Ruby:Have you no heart!? (puts her head on the table) Nooo...

As Ruby grieves, Y/n rubs her back to comfort her.

Y/n:Wow, I forget how ruthless this game could be.

Yang:What do you mean, Y/n?

Y/n:(flashbacks to when he played against Skylar) ... N-nothing...

Yang:Well Weiss, it's your turn!

Weiss:I have... Absolutely no idea what's going on.

Yang:(leans over to Weiss) Look, it's easy. You're playing as Vacuo which means all Vacuo-based cards come with a bonus!

Weiss:That sounds dumb.

Y/n:Wouldn't you have an advantage if you were fighting on your home turf?