V2 Chapter 3:A Major Problem with Paint

In Ports classroom, team RWBY are sitting around, waiting for the class to end as Port is once again telling another story. Weiss in particular was looking at the time on her scroll, which read 3:59. As she waits, Jaune scoots next to her.

Jaune:So, Weiss, you know uh, I was thinking that after this, maybe we could go grab a bite to eat? (Weiss doesn't answer) And uh, you know well I-I've got two tickets to that new spruce willis movie if you want to make a trip to Vale. I hear it's awesome. (still no response) And... Then maybe after that we could, study together? I mean, you're smart and I'm a, you know...

Weiss still doesn't talk back to him. Just then, it became four o'clock, making it the end of the school day.

Port:And then I- (bell rings) oh, uh, timed that one wrong, I guess. Well the stunning conclusion to the story will have to wait. Until next time.

As the students pack up and start to leave, Jaune turns back to Weiss.

Jaune:Weiss? Did you hear me?

Weiss:(stands up and walks away) No, no, no, yes.

Jaune sighs and puts his head on the table. The rest of RWBY walk behind him. Ruby and Blake did nothing, while Yang and Y/n tried to encourage him as they pass.

Yang:(ruffles his hair) One day.

Y/n:(pats his back) Maybe someone else?

Mini timeskip brought to you by chibi Jaune talking to chibi Weiss while she ignores him

In RWBY's dorm, the girls are seen putting on the finishing touches of the new outfits they will be wearing. Blake tightens some ribbons on her wrist as she turns to everyone else.

Blake:I thought that class would never end

Ruby:Alright guys, today's the day. The investigation (jumps down from bed, nearly hitting Weiss) begins!

Weiss:I'm glad to see that we are taking this so seriously.

Yang:Hey! We've got a plan. That's... moderately serious.

A knock on the dorm's bathroom catches their attention, with Y/n voice coming from behind it.

Y/n:Are you girls done in there!?

Ruby:Yeah, come on out Y/n!

Y/n opens the door, reveling his new outfit. As he walks out, he adjusted his sleeves.

Y/n:About time. Felt like I was in there for hours.

Weiss:Oh we did not take that long!

Ruby:All right, everyone remember their roles?

Weiss:You and I will head to the CCT and check the Schnee records for any other dust robberies, or inconsistencies. Seeing as I'm in the family, it shouldn't be a problem.

Blake:The White Fang has regular faction meetings to hand out orders and recruit new members. If Y/n and I can get in, we can hopefully find out what they're planning.

Yang:I have an old friend on the shady side of town that typically knows everything going on in Vale. Getting information out of him shouldn't be too hard.

Ruby:Great, we'll meet up tonight near Yang to go over what we found. Let's do this!

???:Yeah!