Chapter 20: A Fateful Encounter (3)

Hiyori POV

It's now the afternoon already.

And yet, why am I still lying on this bed...

In honour to Ayanokoji-kun's...advice, I slept for more than 4 hours in consideration of my health, and I'm just now awoken to peek at my phone screen for checking the time beneath the sheet.

And yet, even with my mental state now awakened and stabilised, in addition to my physical condition restored and loosened, I'm still lying down onto this soft mattress of the bed, unable to move a finger out of the sheet.

Is it because...

And as this fleeting thought struck, my mind strung itself to that moment...

...and my hands moved itself to cover my lips.

I know what I'm experiencing right now: Face heating up, ears perking up, and eyes widening up in face of a stimulating memory, as the feeling of embarrassment, excitement and enchantment overwhelmed every fibres of my being.

Yet, at the end it's just a...stimulation, a overwhelming amount of happiness, a novel-tale of a...love-struck minute...

And still, while my mind prompted me to hurry and join others at school, it also kept pulling me into that moment, as he...he...

A unsoundly purr escaped from me, as I curled my toes to contain the flood of emotions.

But, it's such a joyful moment...

Even if its intimacy may be inappropriate, among many others of our physical contacts, it's undoubtedly a memory, worthy to be safely contained in a jar filled with sweets.

So...maybe it's only normal...that I'll want to immerse myself into that memory, even for a second longer...

And...maybe it's fine for me...to stay static here...drowning myself in this blissful sea of emotion...

Yes...it cannot be helped...to stay a little longer..

I closed my eyes at this thought.

Just a little...A little while won't hurt...

...

...wait...

I sat up from the bed, at awe with a sudden realisation.

...I lost control again...

I'm supposed to be entrusted with the ability to maintain my rationality, yet even when I am reprimanded by Ryuen-kun, and mentored by Ayanokoji-kun, emotions still took hold of me easily this time.

Though...I suppose most of these matters are related to Ayanokoji-kun, so maybe it's only due to this factor that I-

...

...no, it's merely an excuse.

My emotions bursted out of control.

I couldn't control it, even under the guiding of others.

I need to become honest and face myself for my mistakes.

That's just what I need to be...

...and what they expect me to be.

I stood up from the bed, tidied my uniform and pocketed my phone, before walking my way to Ayanokoji-kun's desk.

On the desk lied my room-key, and another spare key, with the novel besides them.