20: call

Ayumu was laying on her bed,doing nothing. Her eyes were staring into the ceiling as if her bedroom ceiling displayed some sort of interesting movies. She been in that position for awhile already. Herself was lazy to count how long she was staying like that after all. The chilly night breeze from outside was gently sipping into her bedroom which brought Ayumu to her sleepy mood even it was too early to sleepㅡshe thought.

     However as she about to close her eyes, her phone by her side of pillow, rang up and her room filled with her ringtone of phone. Ayumu grunted lowly under her breath, mumbling who in the earth calling her in that kind of time. She reached out for her phone and looked at the caller first before she answered the call. Her brows quickly knitted together when she saw the caller's name.

     "Kita?"

     Once she slid across her screen, the line immediately connected. With the same position like earlier, she answered the phone...Meanwhile in Kita's case, he was sitting on the floor at his table with his book.

     "What a surprise getting a call from you." Ayumu snickered.
     "How's everything?" Kita asked, totally ignored Ayumu's first sentence just now.

     Ayumu retreated her phone away a little from her ears as she looked at her phone weirdly...thought of the phone was Kita Shinsuke instead..Then, she pressed her phone against her ear again.

     "How is what? It's surprisingly refreshing and relaxing." Ayumu said.
     "Right now, it's not a time for you to feel refreshing or relaxing. It is a time for your to reflecting your sins." Kita corrected as Ayumu scoffed." You make me sounded like I just committed a biggest crime like killing people when I just hit those thugs who need to teach lesson."

     Talking to Kita about this topic brought Ayumu's memory back to that day. . . . .

___

     Kita walked Ayumu towards her class soon the meeting inside headmaster's room went to close. Ayumu kept her eyes busy in glancing towards Kita who had his mouth shut since Ayumu's punishment went to finalize. Not feeling good with the silence, Ayumu elbowed Kita's arm which startled the poor guy. He looked at her with his usual expressionㅡblank.

     "Who do you think you are? My shinning armor?" Ayumu scoffed.
     "I would appreciate if you thank me." Kita voiced out.
     "Thanks for what? Making things go more complicated?" Ayumu looked up at him as they still continued walking on the hallway. " I already dragged with me, my parents...my brothers..my homeroom teacher...even coach too...I cannot afford to drag you too Kita..If both of you and coach get involved, then what? Will not it going to drag the whole team too? The other team members who didn't have nothing to do with this at all."

     Kita breathed out which taking Ayumu's attention yet still he didn't spare a glance on her as he kept his big brown colored bright eyes focused on their way. From his view, he could see people were whispering and murmuring about something with their eyes throwing glances on them. That might about what happened just now. As Ayumu realised Kita wasn't spilling a word, she sighed.

     "You are top first student Kita. I don't want to dirt your image with my discipline case. Just like how I don't want to bring down my brothers' reputation, so it is the same thing to youㅡ"

     Kita heard enough; "Then, don't do anything silly like that anymore. Since I am your mentor, we are related. What are you doing it will effect me. . .same goes to the point I'm your captain. . .even you are not the player, you still a member of Inarizaki Volleyball Club...so, it's my responsibility. And right now, how about we stop talking about this?" Kita finally glanced on Ayumu who already had her eyes on him. "Everything have been solved. So, there is nothing to be worry or to think about."