4: nerve wrecking

Today was the day to report their attendence for club entrance. Hence, Ayumu was determined getting herself ready to leave the class and headed towards the club then. She packed up her things, put her club form on her table as she zipped up her bag. Then, one of her classmate came to her seat.

    "Miya, don'tcha said before that yer a volleyball player during ya junior high?" A girl with pony tail asked. Her face brightened up with a friendly smile.
    "Yeah. I am. Why?" Ayumu asked back, curious. She slung her bag over her shoulder before she stood up from her seat. She paid her attention towards her classmate first for now.

    "Then, ya maybe go for girl volleyball club this year yeah? I plan to be in the club too. Wanna go together?" She chirped excitedly. Ayumu was so thankful by her guinene invitation butㅡ

    "Thank you really...but, for highschool year I plan to go for Boy Volleyball Club." Ayumu softly smiled. "Thought about apply to be a manager there."

     "Ouwhh~ really? Hurmm...but yer a good player, don't cha?" There was sad tone laced over her voice. Ayumu shyly smiled and scratched her not itchy back of head.

     "Ya think so? Thank you for that. I just feel like I need to be a manager for this high school years." Ayumu said as her classmate nodded thoughtfully. "If ya said so,it's okay then. I already thought about being ya teamate and bring back Kitagawa captain once again."

     Ayumu giggled softly by the praise she got. The conversation was not going too long after that. Her classmate left the class towards girl gymnasium after she waved her hand towards Ayumu. Ayumu waved back until the girl out of her sight.

     She was thankful for so many times now. Someone indeed acknowledge her talents. Might be not only one but more than that. Only Ayumu didn't know it. Remember that Ayumu always by her own? So, because of that she barely take part of knowing what people talking. Plus, she also known as someone with the King of court that got intense presence, so, bad talking about her and the king of the court were everywhere.

      Ayumu walked out from the class, holding her folded form as she made her way towards gymnasium when she heard someone called for her.

     "Miya-san."

     At first she thought, the called wasn't for her. Perhaps for anyone else or her brothersㅡsince Miya right? But, when she looked around her, she could not see no one so she turned around, seeing one guy ran towards her.

    "Are you calling for me?" She asked as she stopped on her track. The guy also stopped once she enough close to Ayumu. There was a smile on his face and he nodded his head.

    "Sorry, I thought it for anyone else. So... What can I help ya?" Ayumu asked.
    "Bet ya don't recognise me yeah? I'm Riseki, we are in the same class." Riseki introduced himself.
    "Ouh? Really? Sorry,my bad. I need to aware of my surrounding more yeah?" Ayumu giggled.

    Riseki shrugged it off by shaking his head.

    "I just happened to listen ya conversation back at class just now. I heard yer going to apply for Boy Volleyball Club's manager." Riseki added.
    "Yeah, that's how I planned tho. But we don't know yet the result." Ayumu smiled.
    "Right. . . I thought about being a member too, in the club." Riseki beamed.

     "Woah. . .it's good then." Ayumu replied.
     "Heh~" Riseki rubbed his neck, feeling shy. "So, if ya don't mind, wanna go together?"

    Ayumu answered with no words but she nodded and smiled afterwards. Then, the two went to gym together. Unlike just now, they looked have long conversation but right now, none of them were talking.