8: it's been awhile

Ayumu flopped down on her bed, looking up at the ceiling hovered over her. Her arms spread up so did her legs. She just finished the test that her honeroom teacher once told them about. The test was to chosen the participant for mentor-mentee program. She could not say, she done great but she didn't feel she done bad either. However, since the test already passed, Ayumu hoped she would not be the one who was getting chosen.

      As she been in her deep thought, there was knocking against her room door. Ayumu sat upstraight on her bed, looking at the direction before the one who knocked opened it. There was Atsumu had his head peeped inside.

     "I thought ya are sleeping...So, I check ya up. It's time for dinner anyways." Atsumu told her.
     "All right. On my way."

    After Atsumu left, she stood up then. Her eyes suddenly caught on her calander by her study desk. Which more to be exact, on the date of Seijoh tournament.

     It's this weekend. I need to tell mom and dad.

     During the dinner, like always they would exchanging words between one another. The parents would ask their children about their days and the children would open their ears to listen about their parents complain of their work. It was one of way to get closer with each other. By knowing each of their feeling.

      "Mama, Dada..I've something to ask..which I hope ya can say yes." Ayumu finally brought up the topic that intended to ask on the very first place. Her brothers instantly looked at her with both of them had their chopstick between their lips.

    "What is it? Let us hear it first." Mr Miya said with a gentle smile. His wife also nodded in the same time by his remarks.

     "Remember when I told ya about the senpai who always look after me at Miyagi?" Ayumu questioned.
      "The one you called Too nii-chan and Iwa nii-chan?" Her mom voiced out that made Ayumu excitedly nodded her head because she never expected her mom would remember them.
      "Yup! Too nii-chan and Iwa nii-chan..Seijoh is going to have tournament this weekend..so, I planning to go and watch it. Talking of which, I'm asking ya permission for that." Ayumu softly smiled.

     Mrs Miya looked at her husband.

     "Where is the venue?" Her dad asked.
     "Sendai Gymnasium." She answered.
     "Waitㅡ!! Are ya telling us that ya are going back to Miyagi for the match?" Her brother Atsumu suddenly shriked out in surprise and Ayumu could only shrugged her shoulders.

     "I can go by bus and stay at grandma's place through days...Since it's not my first time travelling alone, I think there is nothing to be worried." Ayumu added, hoping it would convince her parents. And yeah, the brothers too since the two started acting uneasy and all protective.

     "If ya go, we are going with ya." Osamu said instantly as he putting his chopstic down. Ayumu turned to look at him and shook her head. "Nii-chan have pratice this weekened remember? I don't want Kita blame me for being the reason of ya absent anyway. So, no."

     Her statement brought realisation towards her both brothers. Seemed like the two totally forgot about it.

    "Ya are right about this is not ya first time travelling alone..but I cannot put the worries away since ya are still my daughter." Her dad sounded. Through his voice, Ayumu seemed like she knew the answer already. Her face was like in flash changing to a gloomy one even she didn't want to show it obviously.

   "Butㅡ" her dad continued." Make sure ya come home safe. Call me or ya mama or ya brothers if there something ya need. Okay?" Her dad smiled. "Please tell ya grandma first about ya are going to her place. I don't want she got heart attack by yer surprise visit." Her dad winked.