6: concern

Ayumu was heading to school garden when she encountered with Aran at the middle of the hallway. Aran rose up his hand and smiled softly towards her. Then, both of them went together towards school garden.

     There were a lot of topics they were talking about. Since its been awhile of the two meet one another, of course there were alot to catch up on. Sitting with Aran on the marble bench, with the wind softly kissed their skin, Ayumu almost forgot when the last time she had a good time like this after the incident with Kita.

     There was still left over of fire inside her heart but it wasn't great as before now. She didn't want to think of it to be honest but the scene somehow hunted her and made her heart in fire again.

     "Ayumu, there is something I wanna tell ya." Aran spokeㅡsurprisingly he sounded less cherry unlike before. He still sounded gentle yet it was lacing with serious. Listening to his tone, Ayumu knew there was something serious he wanna talked about. She looked at his side profile and said; "Go on."

     Aran turned to look at her and smiled; " About Kitaㅡ"

    Just by mentioning Kita, her face already dropped her expression. Ayumu looked at the front and reposition herself on the seat so she could sit comfortabally.

    "Aran-kun, if ya wanna say like, don't mind about Kita, he is someone like that, or some sortㅡI appreciate it but that's not enough convincing me. Tsumu and Samu even said the same thing till the point I feel like my ears gonna bleed." She said, looking straight as she not even sparing a glance on Aran who now had his eyes on her. Aran pursed his lips and small smiled after that.

    "I think, Kita just don't wanna ya ditch ya talents in volleyball." Aran voiced out.
    "What it suppose to be mean?" Ayumu asked, looking at Aran now. As Aran shrugged, both of em turned to look ahead to the sky.

    "Kita has been in volleyball club ever since middle school if I not mistaken or even before that. Butㅡyeah, of course the others too mostly play volleyball since middle school but in Kita's caseㅡ" Aran paused as he took a shaky breath.

     "In Kita's case?"
     "To us, the worst thing happen when we are in sport is to get bench. . . But you know, Kita not just only got bench but the club not even give him jersey during middle school years."

    That was kinda surprise Ayumu. She was quick turning towards Aran who had gentle smile on his face.

    "How can they do that to him?" Suddenly there was concern overlapping her heart.
    "Shock isn't it? I don't have answer for ya question but if ya happen to see his match, you cannot say, those thing happen to him at all because when he starts playing, he plays smoothly. There's no awkwardness nor nervous." Aran continued as Ayumu still had her head prosessing with the fact of Kita.

     "And one more thing, just to let ya know that ever since Kita be in volleyball world, he never get play in real match."
     "Aran-kun, ya better not be kidding me. How can people put him on bench when he can play smoothly? Isn't fair. Then, how about he in highschool now? His first year? How about second year?"

     Aran's face could not hold the smile on his face when he saw Ayumu's concern face. He still remember the fiercy face of Ayumu when the incident at the gym happen. Looking at both faces now, Aran could say. . . Ayumu didn't change one bit. Even she was all fiery, back the incident happen, the caring, the loving, the one who always look after peopleㅡwas still there inside her. Just like how Kita was. Looking all tough at the outside but all soft at the inside.

     "Still no. No official game he yet enter." Aran answered as Ayumu sighed in disbelieve. "However, since this year is going to be his last year, I hope he can play in our official match."