52: 1st day

To say, Ayumu wasn't nervous anymore unlike the night before. She even had intent to yell at Kita when the captain was throwing his jacket away hastily once he entered the court. What did he thought himself was? A runaway model on a red carpet? Enough with Atsumu and Osamu been all stars in the court as their fans were squealing over them and the twins acted all fabulously as they waved back towards their fansㅡand Ayumu had no energy to deal with Kita's fabulous side too.

     Don't worry, she didn't yell at him at all only cussed inside her mind with her pursing lips. The jacket really took her out of guard. If she didn't catch it right at the moment, guess who gonna be all grumpy and cranky if the jacket touched the court? Who else? Of course the clean freak, Kita Shinsuke.

     Her heart was furiously beating like a drum got beaten in the festival ever since she set her feet in the arena. Many players of different schools were everywhere. Ayumu looked from right to left with her sparkly eyes. There was excitement glinted in her dark irises. She still remembered the goosebump she got at the moment of starting ceremony started, with all music and instrument played at the background.

     She was proud to be here, at the arena of Spring Tournament with her team. Ayumu could not contain her smile when the announcer announced her team name.

     Inarizaki Highschool, representative of Hyogo.

    Ayumu acknowledged that her school was a powerhouse school when it came to volleyball. And that should not be something to be surprise but to Ayumu, it felt like new to her everytime she heard people praising Inarizaki.

     Whenever their first game started, she sat beside her coaches on the bench with her book and a pencil in her hold. Every moment her team members scored the points, her hand would gripped tighter around her pencil. Also, the time when Atsumu was tossing the ball to the spikers, it somehow made Ayumu felt she was the one at the court and her brother was tossing to her.

    Miya Atsumu, best setter of highschool.

    Ayumu would glance towards Kita sometime as the captain was standing among the other players at the substitute spot. Yet, the captain wasn't look at her even by a single second. Or so she thought. Kita knew that, if he had eye contacted with Ayumu's there were messages delivered through her eyes.

     Yer not getting in? When will ya get in? I wanna see ya playing. Should I recommand ya to sensei?

     Kita would look at her way when he felt Ayumu didn't look at him anymore. Getting in the court or stay out at the bench, were nothing that Kita could decide. Every decision for the best game was in their coaches' hand. And Kita believed, Ayumu understood and did not forget about that.

    Inarizaki won their first game by 2-0. Their first match on the first day, they managed to continue for the next match on the next day. Ayumu wondered who would be their next opponent. Meanwhile, the members were having their lunch after their game, Ayumu went for the mounting board nearby where the board had some papers attached.

     A shudder sigh left her lips whenever she saw the next opponent of Inarizaki on the second day. It was her bestfriend's school, Karasuno Highschool. Her teeth unconsiously grazed her lower lips. Beside of excitement by the thoughts of having a match against the school who beat Shiratorizawa, there also stirred something uneasy inside her heart. Ayumu's hand balled into a tight fist.

     The day really come, doesn't it Tobio?

    Shaking off Ayumu from her own thoughts, Kita's hand held her shoulder. She swiftly turned to face him. Her eyes were big staring back at him.