♚♦ 04: Talking ♦♚

I woke up around 8:00 this morning. I got out of bed and went to the bathroom. I splashed some water on my face and then went back to get changed. (See above)

I walked out to the play room, notepad in hand. I sit at the table and start coloring. They handed out some pancakes and oranges for breakfast with some milk. I ate almost all of it and then went back to work. Drawing is definitely one of my strong suits.

Around one, Isao-san walked into the room and walked to me. "(Y/N), sweetie."

I looked up. Yes?

"Someone wants to talk to you. Is that okay?"

Sure.

Isao-san walked away and out the door, before bringing someone back with him. "(Y/N), this is Azumane Asahi. He would like to speak with you."

I look up and see a... man? ... boy? looking down at me. I nod. Ok.

"She's all yours, Azumane-san."

"Thank you, Isao-san." Azumane says. He sits down across from me and Mr. Isao leaves. "What are you doing, (Y/N)?"

Drawing. How old are you?

"I'm 18. What about you?"

'Doesn't he know this already? Whatever.' I'm 4.

"Do you find me scary, (Y/N)?" Azumane asked me.

'Why would I find you scary?' I look at him with a puzzled expression and then shake my head.

Asahi's POV

She shook her head. 'She's not scared of me? Really? That's great!'

(Y/N)'s POV

I slid a piece of paper towards him. Why would I be scared of you?

"I don't know, lots of people think I'm scary." Azumane looks down, a little sad.

I stand up and walk over to him. I give him a hug. He looks surprised at first by my actions but hugged me back. I was even surprised by my own actions. I usually don't openly hug someone. I walk back to my seat. How do you spell your name?

"A. Z. U. M. A. N. E. A. S. A. H. I." He says. "Azumane Asahi."

Azumane Asahi?
Like this?

"Yup." He nods. A pinging sound comes from his back pocket. He takes out a glowing box which seems to be a phone. He looks at it and frowns. He puts the phone back in his pocket and looks at me again. "I have to go now, (Y/N). Bye."

I nod and wave at him as he stands up and leaves.

I finish my drawing and start on another one. By the time dinner is served, I have made 3 drawings.

The next day, it's basically the same. Azumane comes to talk to me again! Which is kind of cool, I guess. But this time, we talk in a different room. There are two other people there and I become slightly scared. I hide behind Azumane's leg.

"It's okay, (Y/N). We won't hurt you." The lady says.

I hesitantly stick my head around Azumane's leg and step out. I slightly wave. I grip onto my notepad tightly with my other hand.

"What do you like to do, (Y/N)?" The man says.

I walk up to him and start writing in my notepad. I like to draw ...and dance? I hand him the notepad.

"That's cool! I draw sometimes too." He smiles at me.

Can I see? I ask.

"Sure." He took my notepad and sketched sometime really quick on the page. When he was finished, he handed it back to me.

'Waaaah. Sugoi!!!' I look up at him again. Thank you, this is really cool!

"Thank you, and you're welcome." He smiles.

You're welcome too. I walk back to Azumane. I hope he's alright with me calling him Asahi. I should ask. I tug on his pantleg. Is it alright if I call you Asahi? I hand him the notepad. He looks at it before handing it back to me.

He has a soft smile on his face. "Yes, you can call me Asahi, (Y/N)."

Cool. We talk... well they talk, and I write. But I think you get the point. And we draw and play some. I have to leave though, because visiting hours are over.

"Bye, (Y/N)!" The three say to me.

I wave back at them. 'Bye.'

While I'm leaving I hear the start of a sentence. "Are you su-..."

I wonder what they were talking about. Anyway, I went back to the playroom and drew some more. I walked out to Isao-san and sat with him a bit, before going to dinner and then bed.

Gin got adopted today. My roommates were sad.

Fun times.

--------------------------------------------------------

756 words.

I am really into this song called 'Cheers' by Blackbear. Y'all should check it out.

Miyako OUT.