26

September

Emma

Crying in her room for the past 2 months isn't what she had in mind thinking about the start of her 19th year of life.

Liam and Maddie were there for her as much as they could be but even they had their own lives to live. She didn't want to make them stay with her and wallow when they could be leading more exciting lives without her.

Ever since the media had started reporting about her and Josh her life hasn't been the same. Her emotions were constantly running high; always crying or angry whenever Josh or the situation sprung to mind. Often, people who have come into her work ended up asking her questions about Josh once they'd recognised her. What was once a little, cozy book shop where she could lose herself within the worn pages no matter what, was now a place where she was constantly on edge wondering when the next person would recognise her, ruining her favourite place in the world a little bit more every time.

Aswell as people recognising her in public more and more the longer the speculation and rumours occurred, she had also had a rise in social media followers, comments and likes. Even on the pictures that were from more than a year ago, where she was still in high school not knowing who Josh even was. Josh wasn't even that famous yet, only the people who knew him from Disney a few years ago knew who he was. She couldn't imagine what it would be like once his new show finally came out. There's also already rumours about Josh and Olivia, claiming that's why Josh wasn't with her. She couldn't imagine what it would be like once people started actually shipping them together either. She couldn't take it anymore.

So, after she had once again randomly burst out crying when she saw another comment that asked about her 'breakup', she unblocked Josh's number. She sent a simple text and waited for the reply.

Emma🙈
Can we talk?

Feeling drained after completing that simple task and the added crying from earlier, she laid her head back down on her pillow and closed her eyes.

A few hours later she awoke still holding her phone. Pressing the circle to find out the time, she noticed she had a notification.

Twat
Why?

Emma🙈
Coz I need to talk to u?
Idiot

Twat
I was just asking
I'm 5 mins away from home I'll
call you then

She couldn't bring herself to reply for the next few minutes were sure to be pure agony. Her eyes were already welled with tears and she needed to gain control of her emotions if she were to get through the conversation. Those 5 minutes must of been quicker than she thought as her phone started to ring.

Twat

Remind me                      Message
⏰                                  💬

📞 slide to answer

Connecting...

She took a deep breath and slowly slid her thumb across the screen.

"Hello?"

"Emma?". That was definitely Josh's voice. Rolling her eyes she replied.

"Well yeah who else is it gonna be?"