11

Josh

"Omg what are you gonna say?" Sofia asked.

"Oh I don't know, how about a hi?" Josh stared at Sofia like she had grown 2 heads. He now knew how to respond to Emma and no longer freaked out about their conversations. Unless it was like this one of course.

"Well I'm sorry Joshua, that I wanted to know what you were gonna say."

Josh just turned back to his phone and wondered for how long he could put this conversation off. He thought that if he responded lightly and didn't give away any information or didn't ask any questions, he might be able to get away from it.

Joshua👀
Hi
I've finished work too

"That's your great response?"

"What else was I supposed to say? Oh hi this is my Instagram I'm really famous and you're not gonna talk to me after this?"

Dara and Frankie looked at each other and simultaneously crossed their arms and stared Josh down. Obviously they were not impressed.

Emma🙈
So you ready?
For the promise?

Joshua👀
Ladies first?

Emma🙈
We're not gonna do this again are we?

Joshua👀
Really?
You're gonna go there?

Emma🙈
Fine I won't
Don't get your knickers in a twist

Joshua👀
Wtf are knickers?

Emma🙈
Sorry I forget I'm in America sometimes
It's English slang I guess
For panties😂

Joshua👀
You're English?
How did I not know about this?

"Guys, she's English!"

"Omg." That was Frankie. Who else would have said that?

"Josh don't you like British accents?" Olivia asks.

"Yep." Yep he really does. He doesn't know why, but he knows they sound good. Like really good.

Emma🙈
Sorry I didn't realise it's a big deal
You haven't noticed me spell things
differently?

Joshua👀
In all fairness I kinda just thought
you was dyslexic or didn't know
how to spell

Emma🙈
RUDE
I'm not sure I should give you my
insta now
You don't deserve it

Joshua👀
Oh I don't deserve it?
Are you sure it's not just coz
you're scared

Emma🙈
I'm not scared
You're the one who's scared for a reason
I still don't know

Emma🙈I'm not scaredYou're the one who's scared for a reasonI still don't know

Joshua👀
So what are we waiting for?
Gimme your username

Emma🙈
emmamills

"She's told me it."

They all crowded around Josh as he opened up Instagram and typed in her username. The moment her pictures loaded, Josh froze. If it weren't for Matt and his fast reflexes then the phone would have smashed onto the floor. Josh started muttering to himself and no one could understand what he was saying. As Matt was holding the phone, he turned it the right way up and started scrolling. The girls soon saw the screen and started squealing.

"She's beautiful." Josh muttered. Luckily for him, no one heard.

"Awww Joshy she's so cute." Julia said.

"I need to follow her omg."

Josh heard that last comment from Olivia and jumped out from his crouched position. He leapt for Matt when he realised who was holding his phone and snatched it out of his hands. He kept scrolling down getting more breathless the more pictures he saw. She was absolutely beautiful and he couldn't believe he had been talking to this girl completely by accident.

Emma🙈
Josh?
You there?

Shit. He hasn't said anything for the past 5 minutes. She's probably freaking out. Well done Joshua. Idiot.

Joshua👀
Yeah sorry
You're really pretty
I know I've already said that but
you really are

Emma🙈
Omg
Stahpppppp
You're making me blush again

Joshua👀
I only speak the truth
Sorry not sorry

Emma🙈
Soooo
Your insta please sir?

"Oh god, she wants my insta."

"Joshy like we said earlier it's gonna be fine. No matter what happens. We're here for you. You've gotten this far, carry on."

Well, here goes nothing.

Joshua👀
Ill follow you
I'm sure you'll be able to figure
it out

He went back to Instagram and hovered over the follow button. He was scared. But like Olivia said, no matter what happens he would always have them. He pressed the follow button before he could second guess himself.

"I've done it."

Emma🙈
I'm guessing you're joshuatbassett?

Joshua👀
Yeah that's me

He put his phone down on to the coffee table and stared at it as if it would blow up any second when she realised who she was talking to. He was shitting himself that's for sure. Everyone must have realised it weren't time for jokes and became deadly serious and crowded around Josh. He secretly appreciated it because he knew he couldn't go through this alone.

His phone beeps with a notification. Josh sucks in a breath while it seemed everyone else was holding theirs. He shakily stretched towards the phone and slowly unlocked it.

emmamills started following you!

Finally! They've finally added each other on Instagram. It took long enough didn't it? Jesus I thought we would never get to read it. Although, you do still have to read about Emma's reaction. What do you thinks gonna happen?