2

Josh

Josh was freaking out. About his phone, about the person he just text. He has no idea who it could be. He couldn't even tell whether the person he just text was a boy or a girl. He can't believe that Tim would give him the wrong number. Well he guessed that Tim was busy and Josh did interrupt him when he was sorting out some costume dilemma.

Josh was practically running down the corridors of East High trying to find Matt. One of the PAs said that Matt, Sofia and Dara were doing a scene in one of the music rooms so that's where he was trying to get to. He had already been stopped by hair and makeup 3 times and he would die before he allowed that to happen again. His solo mission was to find Matt.

Finally after another 2 minutes of running down the corridors he got to the one that held the music rooms and waited outside for another 30 minutes before they managed to get the right take.

Honestly, how long can it take to finish one scene?Surely Matt can sing one song. What's taking so fucking long ffs.

"Josh what are you doing here? Your only scene today is the one in the auditorium."

Fucking finally

Josh grabbed Matts forearm and practically dragged Matt down 3 sets of corridors until he finally found an empty staircase. Of course, Matt has to be shouting the whole way. He could never do things easily.

"Josh seriously what is going on?"

"Jesus fuck Matt I don't even know where to start
Okay so, I lost my phone and I can't remember my iCloud account so I don't have anyone's number and I tried asking Tim but he fucked up so instead of texting you about me running late I text some random person who I don't even know and for some reason it's really messing with my head."

Josh sank down onto one of the steps and put his head in his hands. He doesn't even know why this has messed with his head so much. He doesn't actually know this person. The person he text doesn't know who he is. Maybe that's why he feels this way. He doesn't know who they are. He doesn't want to actually talk to this person could he? No, of course not. That's not it.

"Hey man, it's okay it's just a phone no big deal."

Matt walked over and sat on the same step as Josh. He doesn't think he's ever seen Josh like this. Not from nerves when they had to bond in a room by themselves and they were all strangers. Not in auditions when they wanted to see the chemistry Josh and him had. Not even the first day of set even though he kept messing up his lines. Matt started to get worried.

"Seriously man it's okay what's got you like this? You know you can tell me."

" I mean the phones got me fucked up already, I've blocked it but who knows what they managed to find before that happened." Josh replied. He knows in his heart that's not the reason he's acting like this though.

Turns out Matt came to the same conclusion.

"Josh cmon I've never seen you like this. You obviously wanted to talk to me about it so go ahead."

"Okay okay." Josh took a deep breath and slowly let it out trying to organise his thoughts. "What if this person finds out who I am and says something. They could go to the press or leak my number. Maybe they were the one who stole my phone and set this whole thing up. I don't even know their name or their age. I don't know why I'm acting like this but it's really fucking with my head."

Matt whistled lowly and when Josh sent him a look he had the decency to look sheepish. "Sorry man, I know what you mean. I think we all do. You just gotta stop panicking for a minute. Like you said, they don't know who you are so for the minute you're completely safe. Maybe you should text them and find out some info on them. That way you can determine what's happened. Maybe you'll find out some things about them and we'll sit down with everyone and stalk them. I promise bro, it's gonna be okay."

Josh lifted his head, dropped his hands to the steps either side of him and took some deep breaths to calm down. He knew Matt was right. He couldn't talk about this to any of the girls he knew they would overreact and take control over the entire situation. While he needed the advice and the help he knew he had to do this by himself. He needed to be in control. He doesn't know for how much longer his life will be the same. How much time he has left before this blows up in his face.

He nods and agrees with Matt before they both stand up from the stairs. They have to go to hair and makeup in half an hour so they don't have much time left to themselves. They decide to go to Josh's trailer to kill the time. Just as Matt opens the door, Josh's phone beeps to show a notification. It's from the number he text.

He lifts his head to Matt. Now they're both in the trailer and Josh's heart rate begins to quicken.

"It's them."

Matt gives him the oh shit look.

Yeah Matt. Oh shit.

I'm not sure how I feel about this chapter. No matter how many time I tried to rewrite it, it came out similarly to this. I guess I can't explain myself very well😂