𝙾𝚏𝚏 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚃𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎

Y/N's POV

Modern Day Dangerous Era

3 years ago

"Come on Y/N lighten up! I know you're going through some things but Michael's a great guy. I really think you'll like him." My friend, Ariana, told me while we pulled up in the driveway of her friend, Michael's house.

I just shrugged and took of my seatbelt. Ever since my boyfriend had passed away 1 year ago, she had been trying to find me "someone else". I've talked to multiple people but I didn't care for any of them. My heart was still for someone I could never have again. 

We stepped out of car and walked up to the porch. Ariana rang the door while simultaneously ranting to me about how amazing this Michael is. 

After about 2 minutes the door opened and we were met by a lightskin guy with long black curls, a sharp square jawline, and perfectly arched eyebrows. He was wearing a white t-shirt with black jeans and a silver chain. 

He was kinda cute not gonna lie.

"Michael it's so good to see you!" Ariana cried.

"It's great seeing you turn Ariana!" He said while hugging her. He pulled away and turned to me. "And you must be Y/N? It's very nice to meet you." He held his hand out and I shook it gently. 

"It's nice to meet you too." I replied with a smile. 

He moved away from the door so we could walk in. He had nice, clean house that was also quite big for someone who lived alone. I just stood near the staircase while Michael and Ariana talked to each other. 

"Well, I have to go to the bathroom. I'll only be a minute." Ariana announced. When she walked past me she mouthed "Go talk to him."

I rolled my eyes and sat down next to him, thinking about what we could possibly talk about.

"So..this is a big place you have. You live alone, no?"

He chuckled lightly. "Yeah I do it's just all 8 of my siblings like to visit at the same time so I need a big space."

I nodded my head before saying, "Ariana forced me to come here cause she thinks you can replace my dead boyfriend." I covered my mouth right after I said it.

He furrowed his brows, confused. "But we barely know each other."

"I know that." I muttered behind my hand.

"Well, why don't we just be friends now? We can fall in love later. Deal?" He held his hand out for me.

I removed my hand from my mouth a shook his hand, smiling. "Deal!"

***

Present Day

"Michael hurry up the movie's about to start!" I yelled from the couch. When we first met 3 years ago we hit it off instantly, and we've been good friends ever since.

"I'm coming!" He sang. He plopped on the couch next to me. "But before we start, I have to tell you something." 

"Sure what is it?" I turned to look at him.

"You know I like you right? I was just wondering if you like me the way I like you?"

A/N: Ayo Thriller reference🥶🙏🏾💯🤏🏾🔥okay back to the imagine lmaoo

I sighed and looked away from him, suddenly becoming very interested in my fingernails. "Michael I-I don't. I'm still not-"

"I know you're still not over your ex." He cut me off. "But please just give me a chance and I promise, I'll love you harder than I already do." He muttered the last sentence.

I thought about it and sighed, giving in. "Okay. But you have to promise you won't leave. I can't afford to lose anybody else."

He smiled at me lightly. "I promise."

A/N: I hate this😜✌🏾but anyways thanks for 2K🥳I never would've thought I would get that many read but I'm thankful for every single one of them

        -Mariama❤️