𝚂𝚊𝚏𝚎𝚝𝚢 𝙽𝚎𝚝

Y/N POV

Modern day Off The Wall Era

10 years ago

I sat down in the in the living room covering my ears. My parents were arguing once again and even if I turned the volume on the TV all the way, I could still hear the yelling from the other room.

"Where the hell have you been?" Momma screamed. "It's 3 am and yo ass is just now coming home!"

"Where I'm at isn't any one of yo business, aight?" My dad answered calmly, trying to deescalate the situation.

"Not my business? Nigga I am your wife. You have a child to take care of. So don't tell me it's none of your business. You was probably out getting drunk like your useless always does."

Then just like I assumed, I heard a loud slap and the sound of my mother yelling. I covered my ears harder, tears streaming down my face.

After that, my mom stumbled into the living room where I was. She had a busted lip, bloody nose, and a black eye. She had a angry look on her face, but when she saw me crying her face softened. She walked over and sat down next to me, wrapping her arms around me.

"I'm sorry you had to hear that baby." She muttered, kissing me on the forehead.

"Momma why don't you leave him?" I cried. "He's hurting you."

"I wish I could but it's not that easy. But can you promise me something?" She looked at me sternly and I nodded.

"Don't ever let a man treat you like that. Don't be weak like me and let someone throw you around like that, you understand?"

I nodded my head. "I promise."

Present Day

"I bought food!" I heard Michael yell from the door of our apartment. I closed my math book and went to greet him.

"Wassup?" I asked while giving him a hug. We were both seniors in college and have been roommates since freshman year.

"Nothing much." He shrugged. "I was just wondering if you wanted to watch a movie and eat some food."

I nodded and smiled lightly. "Sure!"

***

Halfway into the movie, I started getting tired. I wrapped my blanket around me tighter and laid my head on Michael's shoulder.

"Not you falling asleep on me." He chuckled lightly while looking down at me.

"Sorry." I looked up at him at we looked in each other souls for a minute before he lightly pressed his lips against mine.

He deepened the kiss and laid me back on the couch. Even though I liked it, I lightly pushed him off before it went any further.

"Did I do something wrong?" He asked, concerned.

I sighed. "No you didn't do anything wrong at all."

"Then why'd you pushed me off?" His brows furrowed.

"Listen, I like you a lot it's just I can't risk getting hurt." I muttered.

He placed his fingers under my chin so I was staring straight at him. "Do you trust me?"

I nodded. "Of course I trust you."

"Okay then trust me when I say I would never ever hurt you, understand?" 

I nodded and he kissed me once again.

Tripping

Falling

With no

Safety Net

A/N: I don't really like this cause I feel like it was too similar to "Off the Table"😜But I'm gonna be editing some of my other chapters for aesthetic purposes, thought y'all should know

      -Mariama❤️