𝙺𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎

Y/N POV

Off The Wall Era

I sat in my dorm reading my book when I heard a message come from the intercom

"Y/N L/N, please come down to my office immediately!" My boss' deep voiced boomed through the speakers.

"What do you think he wants?" My roommate, Sana, asked.

"I don't know." I groaned. "But I swear to God it better not be another mission."

I got up and left my dorm to walk to my boss' office. I knocked on his door three times and his voice boomed from the other side. "Come in!"

I walked in and sat in the chair in front of his desk. "Ok, what's up?"

"I have a mission-." But I cut him off by groaning loudly.

"No." I said flatly. "I'm not doing one of these again."

"You have too." He said while sliding me a piece of paper. "It's what you signed up for."

I rolled my eyes and flipped over the paper to see who my next victim would be and when I did I'm pretty sure I stopped breathing for a minute.

It was none other than THE Michael Jackson.

"Unt unt." I shook my head. "I can't do this."

"Do you know how much you will get for this?" He said while getting all up in my face. "5 million dollars."

I sat back in my chair and whistled lowly. "People would really pay 5 million dollars to have someone dead? That's crazy." I thought to myself.

"Fine." I sighed. "I'll do it."

"I knew you'd give in." He smirked. "The Grammys is when you need to complete your mission. This is one of the biggest tasks we've ever gotten, you can't mess this up."

"I'll do my best."

***

The night to Grammys came quicker than I expected and before I knew I was in my dorm getting ready for the most important mission of my career.

"Are you nervous?" Sana asked as I put the final touches on my outfit.

"No, it's not like I'm about to murder the world's biggest superstar." I said sarcastically.

"If you don't wanna do it, just don't." She shrugged. "Tell boss he was too protected or something."

I stood and thought about what she said for a minute. It wasn't a bad idea and it might work, but at the same time I didn't wanna pass up 5 million dollars.

"I'll think about it." I said lowly.

***

I drove about 45 minutes to get to the venue. I parked my car in the back because I knew I wouldn't be allowed through the front. I walked to the back door and to my dismay, they was guard standing there guarding the door.

"Only authorized personnel are allowed inside this door, ma'am." He said in a deep, annoying voice that I was already tired of hearing.

I rolled my eyes while walking up to him. I grabbed my pocketknife from out of my purse and pressed it against his neck, making his breath hitch quickly.

"I advise you let me through this door because I will not hesitate to shove this knife in your throat if you don't." I whispered in his ear.

"O-okay, I'll let you in." He stuttered. "Relax."

He fumbled to find his keys and finally opened the door for me. I removed the knife from his neck and smiled at him.

"You better not tell anyone about this because I will find you if you do." I warned him. "Have a nice day."

I walked through the door and entered a room full of celebrities standing and talking about whatever rich people talk about. I saw people like Bob Dylan, Stephanie Mills, and Diana Ross. To be honest, I felt very out of place being surrounded by all these famous people but I tried to keep my nervousness as unnoticeable as possible as I walked through the crowd.

I guess I wasn't paying attention to where I was going because as I was walking I walked right into somebody's chest.

"Oh my God I'm so sorry." I said. "I wasn't paying attention."

"You're all good." The stranger chuckled. Their voice sounded oddly familiar. I looked up and saw that I had into nobody but Michael Jackson.

He stood at about 5 foot 9, had dark brown hair, a puffy little Afro, and big brown doe eyes. I could finally see why women swooned over him, he was handsome.

"Oh I should probably introduce my self." He stuck his hand out. "I'm Michael Jackson, if you didn't already know."

I rolled my eyes at the slight ego but still shook his hand. "Nice to meet you, I'm Y/N L/N."

"When Ms. Y/N L/N," he stopped and stared me down for a minute. "What brings you here?"

"Oh I..." I tried to quickly think of lie to mask up the real reason I'm here. "I know some people."

I expected him to ask me who I knew but he just nodded. "Okay well while we wait, would you like to get a drink with me?" He held out his hand for me to take.

"Okay!" I smiled while grabbing his, totally forgetting what I came here to do.

***

They sat and drank for about 30 minutes, talking about random subject. After his third glass of wine, Michael sat his glass down and groaned.

"If I drink one more glass I think I might die." Michael chuckled.

It was those words that finally snapped me back into reality. I wasn't supposed to be chit chatting it up with him, I was supposed to poison his drink and watch him die. But I couldn't do that; he was way too nice and sweet to die.

"I gotta go." I muttered while grabbing my purse.

"Wait why?" He asked confused. "Did I say something wrong? I'm sorry."

"You didn't do anything wrong!" I said a little louder than I intended causing Michael to jump and heads to turn.

"Then why are you leaving?"

I turned to him and looked him dead in the eye. "Listen to me and listen to me closely, we cannot be friends or anything. Coming here was a mistake. If you want to stay alive I suggest you stay away from me."

He stared at me wide mouthed before nodded his head. "Alright, it was nice speaking to you Y/N." And with that he walked away into the crowd of people.

I was listening to "Kill This Love" the other day and this idea randomly popped up. Ion rlly like it tho😩

       -Mariama❤️