𝙸𝚖𝚊𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚎

Y/N POV

Dangerous Era

I sat in my 1st period math class, eyes heavy trying not to fall asleep

I sat in my 1st period math class, eyes heavy trying not to fall asleep. I stayed up all night doing homework so I was extremely tired when I came to school and my teacher drawling on about the lesson wasn't helping. I looked next to me and saw my crush, Michael Jackson, staring at the teacher deep in thought. I had had a crush on him for 2 years but I doubt he even knew he existed.

Once I finally decided to stop staring him I looked back at my desk and put my head down. I only intended to close my eyes for a few minutes, but I ended up falling asleep.

It was a sunny afternoon and I was walking down the sidewalk to my favorite ice cream shop. When I walked in I was greeted by my friend, Rosé, who also happened to work there.

"Hey Y/N!" She said. "What can I get you today?"

"Can I get one cookies and cream please?"

"I got you." She grabbed a cup and started scooping up some ice cream. "So how have you been?"

"I've been good." I answered. "Yourself?"

We talked for a little bit longer before the familiar chime of the door was heard, meaning someone else had walked in. I looked behind me and saw my longtime crush, Michael, walking towards us.

"Isn't that the Michael you were talking about saying you had a crush on?" Rosé teased and I shushed her quietly.

"Girl you are WAY to loud." I scolded. "But yes that's him and DON'T-."

"Michael!" She called to him before I could tell her not too. He looked at us with furrowed brows before walking up to us.

"Um hey?" He said in more of a question. "Rosé right?"

"Mhm! Mhm!" Rosé nodded. "I just wanted to introduce you to my friend, Y/N."

He looked down at me and smiled kindly. "I know who you are, we sit next to each other in math right?" He asked and I nodded.

"That's right. Rosé you got my ice cream yet?" I said wanting to end this conversation as quickly as possible.

"Oh yeah!" She went and gave me my cup. "Here you go!"

"Thank you." I said while quickly trying to get out of the ice cream shop. Unfortunately, I was stopped by the feeling of someone grabbing my wrists. I turned around and saw Michael.

"C-can I help you?" I stuttered staring at his hand around my wrist.

"Oh sorry!" He removed his hand quickly. "I just was wondering if maybe you wanted to go on a walk with me?"

"Oh I-."

"I mean I'm not forcing you. If you don't want to I totally understand."

I laughed at his nervousness. "If you had let me finish, I would have been able to say that I would love to."

"Oh." He said embarrassed. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay!" I grabbed his hand. "Come on."

We walked out the shop and walked around the city for a bit. We talked about random conversations and I felt really comfortable around him. It made my crush grow way bigger.

"Can I tell you something?" He asked after we stopped in a park about 30 minutes away.

"Bet." I said finishing my last spoon of ice cream. "What's up?"

"Um so.." he twiddled his fingers nervously. "I've had a crush on you for a minute now and I just wanted to know if you felt the same way about me?"

My jaw dropped along with my ice cream cup as I tried to comprehend what he just told me.

"Y/N?" He asked tapping my shoulder. "Y/N?"

"Y/N!" Someone yelled, making me jump awake from my nap.

"Yo what the fuck-." I looked up and saw my math teacher standing in front of me with a concerned look on her face while Michael stood next to her.

"Are you okay?" She asked softly. "You slept threw almost the whole class."

"O-oh yeah I'm good. Just a lil tired." I quickly grabbed my books. "Sorry."

She smiled at me as I walked out of the classroom. While I was putting my books in my locker, I heard someone calling my name from behind me. I turned around and saw Michael running up to me.

"Hey!" He yelled. "You good?

"Y-yeah. Just tired like I said."

"Oh okay." He but his bottom lip and held his hand out to me: "I'm Michael by the way."

"Nice to meet you." I said while shaking his hand as if I didn't already know who he was. "I'm Y/N."

"Well if you ever need anything." He scratched the back of his neck. "Don't be scared to ask and I'll be glad to help."

"Same to you." I said while waving goodbye. Once he was gone I slide against my locker with a huge grin on my face.

A/N: Really bout to go on hiatus cuz I feel like my writing is getting worse🚶🏾‍♀️

       -Mariama❤️