Dinner

*Miphas POV*

The others were already waiting for me. But when I looked precisely I noticed that Revali wasn't there. He always wants to be first. In everything. But where's he now? The others greeted me but also wondered where's he got to.
After 5 more minutes of waiting, he finally arrived. When he landed he groaned a bit but tried to suppress it. He seemed completely destructed. Did he cry? Urbosa directly brought him up and said that she has won the bet. She was joking of course but dear Nayru you should've seen his face. These eyes didn't belong to the cocky Revali, they belonged to a shattered child. What happened to him? He tried to smile and said that he had more important stuff to do before coming here. He acted normal, but his eyes didn't. He didn't sleep for a long time. His voice was rough. His smile was fake.

*Revalis POV*

Well, this didn't went as planned but no one asked further. Except Urbosa of course. She always fires questions at me. But I wore my mask and so I gave the right answers. I felt Miphas glance in my back. Does she notice something? The others don't. They act normal. But Mipha keeps staring at me. Is she trying to look through my mask? Tse, as if I would let her. My true self is broken, weak. No one must see it. I can't take the risk of being rejected again.
No one really talks to me. Well why would they? I could be missing and no one would notice. I feel tears in my eyes. No Revali no no no! You can't cry now! Please be brave just a little more! Just don't blink!
Luckily, I could restrain it. Now pull yourself together again. Don't show your weak side! Be strong!

*Miphas POV*

I try to look at him now and then so he doesn't notice. Works pretty well as far as I can tell, but of course, Urbosa, who sat next to me, noticed that I'm staring at him.

Urbosa: Hmmmm? Mipha why do you stare like this at Revali?:3 Do you-

Mipha: No! I love Lin-ummm....

Urbosa: Yes?

Mipha: Nothing.

He looked excluded. He sits right here with us but it seems like he's sitting far away. Silent. Pushed away.

Urbosa: You seem to care about him.

Mipha: You know that I care about everyone and...Revali...doesn't look alright. I can feel it.

Wait a second. His eyes look glazed...

Urbosa: What's the matter little Princess? You saw something?

Mipha: Look. Don't notice anything?

Urbosa: What should I look at? Revali's as always except that he came a little late today. But that can happen to everyone.

Mipha: ......

*Revalis POV*

I'm trying to eat a bit but fail. I just feel this...emptiness. And the others are just chatting between each other. Wish it could be that easy for me. Zelda talks about ancient technology, Daruk about his fabulous rocks, Urbose tries talking to Mipha but-

*Miphas POV*

Our eyes cross. We look at each other. He caught me! He looks away. Tries to appear normal. Should I talk to him afterwards or should I leave him alone? Maybe I can help him. He needs someone. He tries to focus on something else. Gives me again a short glance. His eyes seem soft now...Is he blushing? Just by looking at me? Could it be? Now he looks away again. Tries to stabilize himself mentally.

*Revalis POV*

Mipha...does she care about me? Nah that cannot be. No one likes me, no one cares. But what is she doing to me? I try to give her a short glance again. I suddenly feel a heat climbing up. My feathers are fluffing up a little bit. What is that? Why do I get this when I look at her? What is this prickling feeling in my stomach? I don't know this feeling..and I can't control it. I don't know if it's good or bad. I just want to fly away. To hide again. Just being away from here. I have to-

Revali: 'xcuse me.

I stand up, turn away and go outside. I don't fly home, I still have to wait until I'm allowed to but I just have to leave this place. It's all too much. Tears are streaming down my face. I cry encased in silence and darkness. No one can ever see me like this. Today is a bad day. A very bad day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

*Miphas POV*

Daruk: Woah what's up with him?

Mipha: .....

Zelda: I guess it's nothing serious. I mean it's Revali. We should just leave him alone.

Urbosa: Yea that's probably the best we can do.

(silence)

Mipha: No...I have to go talk to him. Afterwards, I perhaps don't have the opportunity anymore.

Urbosa: Why are you so interested in him?

Mipha: Tell you later.

I went outside, seeing Revali from behind. Slowly approaching him so that he wouldn't notice. I place my hand on his shoulder. He immediately flinched and turned around. As I saw his tears, he pushed me away and said with a broken voice that I should go back. But I'm not giving up. I have to make clear that I want to help him, that he doesn't need to hide and that I'm there for him.
I learned that hugging an angered person helps them to calm down. So I hugged him from behind. His feathers were so soft but his body stiffed. I never hugged a Rito before. He asked what the hell I'm doing but I just hugged him tighter. After a while, he relaxed a bit. We just stood there and I could feel his warm feathers near my body. I let him loose and he turned around. Our eyes crossed once more. His emerald green eyes looked soft and joyful but then shattered again. I think this hug was a good idea.

Mipha: So...what's wrong? I-I have to admit that I observed you a bit and your eyes...I could see the pain in them...I don't know how to say this...I just...

Revali: Please don't worry so much about me. I'm not worth it. Today is just a bad day. I'm sorry that you saw me like this.

He spoke so gentle...never heard him speak like this.

Mipha: Revali...Every person deserves this. You too. Do you need help? Do you want to talk about it? I'm always here for you...just keep that in mind.

*Revalis POV*

She really cares about me. That's...cute. She looks again so lovely. But I don't want to bother her with my own problems. She doesn't deserve to be around a person like me.

Revali: I'm fine. I don't need to talk. I already feel better...I-I...

Mipha: Yes?

Revali: I-I l-liked the...the hug...

I feel so ashamed. I shouldn't have said this. It just came out of my mouth/beak...automatically. Now...now she hugging me again! Why do I don't know again what to do. I...place my wings around her and...hug her back. We just stood there for a few minutes. I wanted that this moment never ends. When we went again in, I whispered to her: "Please, don't tell anyone about this"