What a happy birthday!

*Zeldas POV*

Finally the day has come! It's Links 18th birthday! I'm so happy for him...Our relationship wasn't the best at the beginning, but it's getting better with time. I must admit..his fluffy hair, his perfect blue eyes..they do something to me.
Er no what am I thinking. He's just my appointed knight. And he always reminds me on my own failures. Well, the champions will come along soon. We'll decorate the castle, especially the dining room, where the party will take its place.

Revali was, surprisingly, for the second time the last one. The first time he came late, he wasn't feeling well. I wonder what's up with him today. Maybe it's just because it's Links birthday. I can imagine him getting very moody again.
Mipha managed to bring Sidon with her. King Dorephan allowed it, on condition that she'll bring him home safely. This shouldn't be our biggest problem.
And so I saw Revalis little smile for the second time. It's so unusual to see him like this. But in no time, his face darkens again and he sets up a serious one.

We finished decorating and moved on to place our presents on a table. Everyone had something in their bag, except...

Zelda: Revali, where's your present?

Revali: Er..do I need one?

Zelda: It's a tradition to bring a present on someones birthday. You should know that!

Revali: Oh um sorry, I didn't know that. I never celebrated a birthday.

Zelda: You didn't? Don't you do that in your tribe?

Revali: Hem, I don't really know. Maybe?

Zelda: Ugh, Revali, sometimes you enrage me so much. Everyone knows that okay? Everyone! And everyone does it. Why can't you? I'm sure your parents did that too when you were a kid. These are just excuses! I know you hate Link but he doesn't deserve it to be treated like this!

And so I walk away in anger. I can't believe this. Just imagine..

Revali: ....

Daruk: Man, I never saw her this angry!

Urbosa: That hit home.

Revali: *sigh* It did. I..didn't know people bring gifts on birthdays.

Urbosa: It's a common tradition. Don't you celebrate your birthday?

Revali: Obviously no.

Urbosa: Erm, yeah, stupid question. Still, you could have known.

Revali: I know it for the next time.

Mipha: And your parents? Why didn't they celebrate?

Revali: I don't know. We never did something like this.

Urbosa: And what's with school?

Revali: Complicated.

Urbosa: Come on, cucco! Don't try to swerve again.

Revali: My parents didn't want me to go to school. I wasn't allowed to have much contact with others. They teached me at home. To be more precise my father teached me. Satisfied with my answer?

Urbosa: Aha.

Daruk: That also explains...some things.

*Links POV*

Today is my birthday. I feel like the time flies by faster each year. I wonder if the others thought on it. If not, then it's no big deal either. I don't need a fancy party. Still, I would enjoy a bit of company. Zelda told me to attend her at 1pm.

I was waiting outside. But no one came. So I decided to search her inside the castle. As I went inside, suddenly, Daruk, Urbosa, Mipha, Revali and the Princess scared me so much, that I fell backwards. They yelled: "Surprise!" and all had little party hats on. Even Revali, but I guess this didn't happen voluntarily. Wow, they didn't forget! And Sidon's here too! They really had everything prepared. I must be dreaming.
But I wasn't. And, well, as Urbosa and Daruk said, I can legally drink now. So you can imagine how this party will end. Everyone seemed in the right mood. Except Revali. Well, no wonder. Today I'm standing in the spotlight.