Flying lesson

*Revalis POV*

Today, the little ones are taking another flying lesson with me. Yes, I'm a teacher, even if it doesn't seem like I'm good with kids at first. Truth is that they give me something I can't explain right away. They make me smile but different as for example..Mipha does, or when I'm getting praised for my alleged talent, though I'm not feeling like that's the correct word to describe it. Talent doesn't really exist. You always have to put in some work, and some have work more than others.
With children, I can be myself, by that I mean my childish self. The child I failed taking care of. To be honest, it wasn't exactly my fault, it's more because of the social environment I grew up with, but I still repressed it. So now I have to catch up, I guess.
Their mothers always want to give me something for these lessons, 'cause I mean, when you train with the great Revali, these little greenhorns will make a huge progress! But I don't want to get payed for this. The children already pay me enough with their smile and joy to learn something new.

After 1 hour, we're doing a short break. It's exhausting to teach, but the little ones are way more fatigued than I am. Luckily, I don't teach them like my father did. He wouldn't be so merciful to give a break. They're all make their own progress, which I'm proud of. And they definitely aren't equipollent. One is more robust, the other one has a wider wingspan, there's also a girl with us today, which isn't that common but I gladly help her achieve her dream of becoming a warrior. The last one is more...like I was..small and frail. He didn't want a break, he wanted to train further. The others could at least glide by now and he still has his difficulties doing this. Feels like I could read his thoughts as he stood there.
So you're still unable to fulfill this simple task?
Look what the others do, why can't you do the same?
Am I-
Thoughts were rushing trough my mind but I guess I shouldn't focus so much on myself right now.

-Hey, you okay?

-Yes, I'm fine, I'm sorry..

-Why are you sorry?

-Er, nothing, just forget about it.

-You can't fool me. Tell me..what's going on?

-*sigh* I wish I could be like you. You're so strong and have such an incredible talent. I admire you, but I'll never be like that....

-And? Is that all?

-....I-I'm such a failure! I train so much but the others just achieve more than I do! That's not fair!

-Trust me, you don't want to be me. You know, I didn't have it easy either. Believe it or not, I were just like you. I know what it feels like, I really do. But look who I am now! Believe in yourself! I'm sure you'll become someone great when you grow up! At least promise me to never give up. Do it for me, please..I can sense some potention.

-If you say so..then I want to make you proud!

-How is your relation with your parents? Are they supporting you? Do they...love you?

-Yes, I have the best parents in the world! They're so nice and love each other but I think they love me the most which is cool! Why'd you ask?

-I don't know it doesn't really have reason. I'm just glad that you have such parents. Well, should we continue training?

-Yes! Thank you Master Revali!

I could sense that it was an honest answer to this question. I wonder what person I would be now, if I had this assistance. I presumably could socially interact better with others...I probably have needed this help, but shit happens and I didn't get it. No one can help me now. Except for the kids. They heal me somehow. Mipha heals wounds and problems, kids heal the child that you never got to live fully. I love them as they were my own children. Sounds kitchy, but when I'm with them, I feel like this. When they wouldn't be there, I would feel unneeded. For them, I'm a hero. Someone to look up. And I like this attention more than when I'm getting the same from adults, and to give my knowledge to them, is my greatest pleasure. I wish he would hear from what I achieved. Maybe he would come back.