11

~ Artemisia's POV ~

I woke to loud banging on the door. "Temi! Wilbur is here. He said it's urgent." Tubbo yelled from the other side of the door. I groaned and went to get up but got pulled back. Techno's arms tightened around my waist and he shoved his head into my neck. He mumbled something incoherent.

A small smile returned to my face as I remembered the night before. I spun around in his arms so I was facing him. I pressed a gentle kiss on his forehead before speaking.

"Techno, come on. Wilbur is here and we need to go talk to him." He made small sounds of protest but I wiggled out of his grasp and got out of bed. I threw on some clothes and made my way out of the room, leaving Techo to do the same.

When I got downstairs, Wilbur, Niki, and Fundy were all standing in my living room with stressed expressions. I furrowed my eyebrows. Their gazes shot up to me, but immediately snapped to the figure who appeared behind me. I turned around seeing Techno fixing his hair.

All three of the people in my living room shifted their gazes back and forth between me and Techno. Fundy was the first to speak.

"Finally! It took you guys long enough. I could cut the sexual tension between you two with a knife!" He yelled out.

"You owe me twenty, Fundy." Niki said, playfully shoving his shoulder. They bet on us. Both mine and Techno's faces flushed a deep red and we looked to our feet.

"We're here for a reason, not a good one either." Wilbur cut in, stopping the giggles from the other two. I stared at Wilbur, waiting for him to speak again. He grabbed a paper from his pocket and set it on the table. I pulled it towards me and read: Declaration of War.

"What?" I said under my breath. It's happening. I've only been home a day. I'm not ready for this. My thoughts raced wildly. I looked back at Techno and he shared my frightened expression. This can't be happening. I threw my hands up to my hair and tugged on it slightly.

"You, Tommy, and Tubbo need to get down to your bunker immediately. Dream will attack soon. You need-"

"No. Just Tommy and Tubbo. I'm going to be out there." I spoke. Wilbur scrunched up his face, and went to protest against me.

"Wilbur, she needs to be out there. Trust me." I heard Techno speak up from behind me. I glanced back and gave him a small nod. Wilbur looked between us confused on what we knew that he didn't.

"Fine. We need to go. Now." Wilbur made his way to the door with Fundy and Niki. I turned to face Techno. He grabbed my hand and pulled me into a tight hug. I never wanted it to end. He pulled back and his lips met mine briefly but passionately.

"Be careful. You know what you need to do. I'll be out there too. Just look to me if you need help, and i'll be by your side." Tears began to slip from both our eyes.

"You be careful, too. My voice barely above a whisper. "I'll see you when it's over." I didn't know if i'd ever see him again. He slowly let go of my hand as he turned to head towards the door. I reached into my pocket my hands wrapped around the necklace that represented my life.

"Give it to the one you love."

I ran over to Techno and stopped him before he left. I put the necklace in his palm. He looked down at it in understanding.

"So you know i'm okay." I pulled him in for one last quick kiss before the door shut. Bitter silence surrounded me. My head felt fuzzy and the black began to crowd my vision. I closed my eyes tightly.

"I love you." I whispered.

I sucked in a breath and headed up to get the boys. They stayed in Tommy's room while we talked downstairs. I opened the door seeing Tommy napping and Tubbo reading a book. Tubbo smiled when he noticed I entered the room.

"Tubbo come here." I said while I shook Tommy awake. I sat on the bed next to the now awake Tommy and Tubbo sat on my other side. "What i'm about to tell you is very important, and you must listen carefully." The boys exchanged worried glances.

"You know of our bunker beneath the house. You two will go there and stay there. A war is upon us, and I need to go fight." Tears welled in my eyes. "I can't stay with you guys. So that means you watch each other. Once you go in, lock the door behind you, and do not open it for anyone else besides me or Techno. Understood?" By my tone, the pair did not protest and only nodded their heads in understanding. I got up to exit the room and they followed me to the stairs that led to the bunker.

I stood in the doorway as the boys turned to face me. I knelt to the ground, heartbroken. They ran into my arms. I stifled a sob as I held tightly onto them. I didn't have much time to stay with them. I separated them and ruffled with both of their hair and gave them a sad smile.

"I love you boys with everything in me, okay? No matter what happens i'll always love you." They both said their own 'I love you's' before I turned around and headed out the room. They shut the door behind me and I heard the soft click of the lock sliding into place. I leaned my back against the door and let the tears fall.

I pushed myself off the door after a moment and ran up the stairs. I grabbed my fathers sword and tossed it over in my hands. The soft red color began to glow.

"You will change the world, Temi."

I took one last deep breath as I turned to look at the stairs that led to the bunker before heading out the door to join the fight.

I didn't know if i'd ever see them again.