15

To @wellthisisathingpog thank you for all the love and comments :) I'm not able to comment back for some reason sadly so I thought i'd just leave you a small note here. I never expected to get any love on this, so thank you so so much for all your comments!! You are appreciated <3

~ Artemesia's POV ~

Two months. It's been two months since I arrived at Eldon's home and began training once again. The training was far more intense than the first go. I've practically burned down the entire area already.

I stood in the middle of the room awaiting Eldon's instructions. I held the sword in my hand ready to go.

"Put the sword against the wall, you will not be needing it." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion but listened anyways and set my sword down against the closest wall.

"Today is your last day here, and the final thing I will teach you is being mentally taught. You will not be able to practice it, but you must understand it in case the time comes. Sit." He ordered and I followed his directions sitting down on the floor as he did the same in front of me.

"Healing is a process that comes with a sacrifice. If you want to heal someone, whether it be a small cut or bring them back to life, it will come with the price of your own life." I shot my eyes up to meet his.

"Bring someone back to life?" I inquired. He shook his head at me, already knowing where I was going with my question.

"You cannot bring Tommy and Tubbo back now. The healing process must be started in the short few moments after death." My high hopes got shoved right back into the dirt.

"Healing someone will take a small fraction of your life and put it into theirs. Do it too much, and it will cost you your life. So you must be careful when choosing to do so. Bringing someone back to life is a different story. In doing this, you are replacing your own life with theirs, entirely switching the roles - you will die, they will live. I didn't teach you this concept before as you weren't at full capacity with your power. In order to do this, you need to understand every aspect of your power."

His words engraved themselves into my brain. I wished I had known this before my first fight with Dream. I could've saved my boys. Knowing now that I could save others in the future intrigued me.

"How do I do it?"

I stood in front of Eldon once again, ready to bid my farewell. He pulled me into a tight hug that caught me off guard. I wrapped my arms around hun and gave a tight squeeze.

Once he pulled back, he kept a tight grip on my shoulders. "This time Temi, Dream will fall. I have faith in you. You've made your father very proud." His soft smile mirrored onto my face.

"Thank you, truly, for all that you've done. I owe you everything." Eldon treated me like one of his own kids. He was almost like a father figure to me. He nodded his head at me and let go, allowing me to hop back onto the horse. I gave the house one last look at set back on my way home to Techno.

An evil cackle echoed throughout the musty room I sat in. I twisted around looking for the source. Where the hell am I?

"So you think you're strong enough to kill me, huh? Silly girl, always so optimistic." Bright green eyes appeared before me. I held my ground, furious.

"You piece of shit, Dream. I will kill you." I growled back. He let out a booming laugh, wheezing almost. He shook his head and paced back and forth in front of me.

"You can just keep trying, Artemisia. I will keep taking everything you love away from you each time. The next, is him." Before Dream appeared Techno. Dream's arm wrapped tightly around his neck as he held a knife in his other. Techno struggled to breathe beneath his grasp.

"Don't you hurt him. I swear on everything I will make your death as painful as possible." Red hot heat coursed through my veins. My sword in my grasp began to glow.

Dream stared at me for a moment, scared almost, before he switched back to his stoic grin. In the blink of an eye he removed his arm around Techno's neck and brought the knife up instead, sliding it quickly across the flesh. Techno's body immediately sunk to the ground.

I shot up off the hard ground screaming. I looked around quickly at my surroundings noticing I was still in the forest beneath a tree. It was just a dream. Nothing more. I wiped the sweat off my forehead, knowing I had to keep traveling.

The scene of Techno sinking to the ground ingrained itself in my brain, never letting me properly think. I wouldn't let Dream take the only person I love away from me.

I arrived at the gates of L'manburg later that same day. I've been gone for over two months. I tied the horse up near the entrance and made my way through the town. Within the months I was gone, they completely fixed the entire town. I took a deep breath in admiring the beautiful landscape that was rebuilt. "Temi?"

I looked over to the side noticing Techno and Wilbur standing off near a shop entrance. A large smile broke out onto my face. It was like a scene out of a movie the way we both ran at each other. He wrapped his arms around me and lifted me up, spinning us both around.

I didn't even have a second to say anything once he set me back down before his lips crashed onto mine. I kissed back with the same intensity he gave me.

I was home.