18

~Artemisia's POV~

I stood in disbelief for just a fraction of a moment. Another person I love stood in Dream's grasp barely clinging onto life. This all has to be a dream, right? I'm just asleep right now. None of this is even happening.

Dream's cackle tore me from my thoughts. He ripped the sword back out, but still kept a hand on Techno's shoulder, keeping him on his feet. The love of my life stood gasping for breath. Blood began to leak from his lips. No.

I stared at him in utter shock. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't move. I couldn't talk, nothing. I just stood there. Dream let go of his hold on Techno and he dropped to the ground almost immediately. He still gasped trying to hold onto life. Rage took over my body.

I felt the red hot sensation begin to fill my body. My skin burned. I could see my sword begin to glow. The glow kept getting brighter with each moment that passed. I couldn't control myself anymore. The chaos was taking over, and there was no way to stop it.

I took steady steps towards Dream, each time shooting more fire towards his way. The intensity I gave off worried Dream. He began to get frantic and started throwing his own powers at me. I easily discarded them with one thing on my mind: kill Dream.

I couldn't control my steps anymore. It's like my body had a mind of its own, and my own head was just useless. I went until I was directly in front of Dream. The look he embodied gave away that he was in shock.

I threw a punch this time, striking him across his cheek. His head flew to the side and he clutched it as he cried out. Good. I wanted him to feel pain. I wanted him to feel everything I felt.

I thought of my Dad. I saw his lifeless body on the ground in front of my thirteen year old self. I saw myself cry out for him to come back to me.

I thought of my boys. They were on their knees in front of Dream with swords pierced through their bodies, their faces etched into pain. I saw the way I fell to my own knees along with them, wishing it could've been me instead.

Another punch. "That was for Tommy and Tubbo."

I thought of L'manburg. The state the town was in when Dream first ravaged through it appeared in my mind. How the buildings quickly burned to the ground. I heard the cries of citizens as they watched their only home fall.

Another one. "That was for L'manburg."

I thought of Techno. His own lifeless body laid on the ground just mere feet away from me. The way Dream smiled as he took his life appeared in my head.

One last one. His face flew to the side again. I head a sharp crack from his jaw. "And that, was for him." I said while pointing over to Techno.

I fell victim to the rage building up inside my bones.

I gripped Dream's shoulder so hard that it would leave a bruise, but I couldn't care less. I spun him around so his back was to me and kicked his legs out so he was kneeling in front of me; the same way he did to my boys. His head hung low, weakened by the punches and our battle prior.

I didn't have any time to breathe before I slammed my sword through his back with a final scream. Red light filled my eyes and I couldn't see anything else. All I could see was red. The burning sensation spread throughout my body starting from my hand that grasped the sword still in Dream's body.

The red faded away, and once it did, the breath was knocked out of me. I fell backwards onto the hard pavement, the sword coming back with me. It clattered on the ground to the right of me. I looked in front of me as I saw Dream hit the ground in front of him and slowly disappear. He's gone, finally.

Throughout this moment I had forgotten about Techno. I whipped my head around to notice his lifeless body just laying there. I crawled over to him as tears pricked in my eyes. Techno please no.

I pulled him up in my arms. (This is exactly like the scene from star wars between Rey and Ben :) )  I hugged my arms around his body and let the tears fall freely. My home. My only home was gone. I shoved my head into his chest and cried not hearing his heart beat. Please come back to me.

My training. I remembered my training. I pulled my head out of his chest and looked at his face. The once pinkish skin now lay dormant, a grey color slowly taking over.

I felt someone's hand on my shoulder and looked up. Wilbur stood there with a somber look on his face as tears slowly drained down his cheeks. I turned back to Techno knowing what I had to do. I loved him, and he deserved to be here more than me.

I moved my hand to his chest above his heart and put my palm against it.

"My life for yours." I whispered.

I closed my eyes and breathed steadily, channeling everything I could to his body. I felt my own body becoming weak. My head felt heavy.

"Temi?"