14

~ Artemisia's POV ~

I sat in Techno's living room replaying the events of the worst night of my life. Just three days ago, I lost my entire world at the hands of Dream. I haven't gotten much sleep since that night, the images of the life being ripped from the two young kids flashed in front of me every time I closed my eyes.

Techno has been doing everything he can to help me. He's been by my side ever since their death. I've been trying so hard to be better for his sake, but I can't. I can't function properly knowing that the man who killed my boys in front of my eyes. How can someone be so cruel?

I needed to kill him. The thought stuck in my mind. I needed to get my revenge. The only way to do that, was to get stronger. I needed to master my power. Dream was able to subdue my own powers. I wasn't strong enough to defeat him yet.

Eldon. I need to see him again. I didn't want to leave Techno behind, but I knew I wouldn't feel even remotely okay again until Dream was put six feet under. I balled my hand into a fist.

The front door swinging open caught my attention. Techno came walking in, slightly dirty from the work he had been doing. He's been helping rebuild L'manburg since the battle. I haven't gotten the courage to leave the house to see the state the town was in.

He noticed me sitting on the couch and smiled at me sympathetically. He came over and wrapped his arms around me. "How are you feeling today?"

Horrible. "I'm okay." I lied through my teeth. Techno knew that, but he didn't push any further. My amulet hung around his neck, still glowing brightly. I wish it were mine that died out, and that the two dull necklaces around my neck still glowed.

He sat beside me for a while, knowing that I had something to tell him. I needed to leave again, but I didn't know how to break it to him. I turned to look into his eyes.

"Techno.." I stopped, debating on how to go about this conversation. "I need to go see Eldon again. I don't want to leave you, but I need to get stronger with my powers in order to take Dream down. He could return at anytime."

I shut my eyes tightly, expecting retaliation. I expected him to get mad at me for leaving him behind once again, but it never came. I glanced up at him and saw a sad smile playing on his lips.

"I know. I knew this was coming one of these days. I wish it wasn't so soon, but you have to do what you need to. I understand that." He grabbed both of my hands and held them between his. He removed one of his hands and brought it up to his neck, grasping onto the necklace. "At least now i'll know if you're okay."

I let out the breath that I had been holding and threw my arms around his neck, pulling
hun close. "I'll leave tonight. I want to stay with you right now."

He leaned backwards, laying down on the couch and pulling me with him. He wrapped his hands around my body as I laid on top of him. I never wanted this moment to end.

I stood at the gates of L'Manburg, staring out into the landscape before me. I sucked in a breath once more before turning and facing Techno. Tears threatened to spill from my eyes upon looking at him. I knew this time I would have to be gone again for a long period of time in order to match Dream's skill.

Techno pulled me into a tight hug. "I never thought we'd be here doing this again." He let out a sigh, pulling back but still keeping his hands on my waist. I looked to the ground feeling guilty.

He put his hand under my chin and forced me to look at him instead of my feet. I stared into those soft eyes that always made me go weak. "You be careful out there." He whispered.

I reached up and grabbed hold of the necklace that still hung around his neck. He put his hand over my own and leaned down pressing his forehead against mine. "I'll see you soon."

I tilted my chin up and pressed my lips against his, giving him one last final kiss. I pulled away, keeping my eyes shut savoring the moment. He slowly let go of my waist giving looking back into my eyes before backing up.

I hopped up onto the horse Wilbur was letting me borrow for this trip. I turned around in my seat giving Techno a nod before heading off. I didn't want to leave him, but I knew what I had to do.

Deja vu seeped into my head as I stared up at the large mountain side home. The door made the familiar creaking sound as I pushed into the house. When I walked into the main part of the house this time, I caught Eldon off guard.

"Temi! What are you doing here? It's only been seven days since you left." A look of bewilderment flashed across his face. I set down my pack against the wall along with my fathers sword. Once I let go of the hilt, the red glow faded away. I pulled out one of the chairs that surrounded the table in front of me and sat down, putting my head in my hands.

"I need more training." I slid my hands down my face. "Tommy and Tubbo. They're, they're gone." My voice was barely above a whisper as I said the last part. The cup Eldon was holding fell to the ground.

"W-what do you mean? What the hell happened?" He fired questions as he pulled out his own chair and sat beside me. I outstretched my arms down onto the table.

"Dream killed them right in front of me." I stated blankly, staring straight ahead. Eldon put one of his hands over mine on the table trying to comfort me. "I'm so sorry, Temi. I know how much they meant to you."

I didn't want sympathy. The only thing I want is to kill Dream and get my revenge. I stood up swiftly from the table, pushing my chair back with my legs as I did.

"I want to train, now. I need to be trained harder this time. Dream was able to block my powers, completely just took them away from me. I felt useless. There was nothing I could do to save them." I paced back and forth beside the table, Eldons gaze followed me as I did.

"You need to rest fir-"

"No!" I yelled out stopping in my tracks. "No, I do not need rest! I need to be stronger. He murdered my boys, Eldon!" My whole body was burning. I was ready to set anything I could on fire. Eldon stood up from his seat placing his hands out defensively in front of him.

"Temi, you need to calm down. Uncontrolled emotions can cause you to do things you don't mean to do." His voice wavered slightly. Was he scared of me? He was right, however. I could burn his whole house to the ground right now if I didn't get my emotions in line. I took deep breaths, forcibly calming myself down.

"I'm sorry, Eldon. I just, I just hate him so much. He took my boys away from me, and I promised dad I would never let that happen." I sighed while dropping my head down to look at my feet. The burning slowly died down. Eldon put a hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay, Temi. We train first thing tomorrow morning.