16

~Artemisia's POV~

Techno and I spent most of the next few weeks together. I never wanted to be apart from him again. Two months apart has made me realize how much I truly loved this man.

In this time, we have also been talking about battle plans. We would be going after Dream instead of waiting for him to come to us. Catching him and his men off guard would be a key factor in this play. We were set to attack in two days time.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I knew I was much stronger, but I wasn't sure how strong. Doubt seeped through my mind on the daily. The dream I had on my trip back home stayed fresh in my mind as well. Losing Techno would tear me apart.

I shook the thoughts from my head. I won't lose him, I can't. "Temi, what's going on?" I looked up to meet his eyes. We sat on the couch just watching a movie together. I smiled sadly.

"I'm just scared." I said with my voice barely above a whisper. He squeezed his arm that was wrapped around me. "Hey, we got this okay? Dream ain't got shit on you."

I laughed softly and buried my head into his chest. "I miss the boys." I couldn't remember the sound of their laughter anymore, or the way they bickered back and forth. I hated it. I wished I could see the light in Tommy's eyes when I made his favorite dinner, or the way Tubbo's face scrunched up when he was focused as I read them a story.

"Baby, I know. I miss them too. You did everything you could to give them the best life they could have." He pulled me even closer than we already were.

Tears slipped from my eyes as I clung to Techno's body. His warmth encased me and made me feel safe. I savored every second of it. I felt his hand on my face as he pulled me so I was looking into his eyes. "You will get justice for them."

He planted a small kiss against my lips and we returned to the position we once were. I closed my eyes taking in the moment as I slowly drifted off to sleep.

We stood in the battle room where all the plans were made and gear was held. Everyone was bustling about gathering weapons and armor, suiting up for the upcoming war. I stood frozen in place staring at the netherrite sword that lay on the table. I needed some air.

I pushed open the door that led to the back yard of the building, softly closing it behind me. I sucked in a deep breath and looked to the stars that were slowly fleeting as morning took over. We strike at dawn.

"Temi." The rough voice that I could never forget sounded beside me. I turned to face the man who sat on the ledge of the house.

"Dad." I said softly. "I'm sorry. I failed you." I looked to my feet as I spoke, remembering the death of my brothers once again. I heard my father rise and stand before me.

"It wasn't your fault, Temi. There was nothing you could do. I'm proud of you, in more ways than one." I looked up to meet his eyes. He placed a hand on my shoulder before speaking again. "Today's a big day. You are stronger than you know. I can feel your power like i've never felt before. Dream will fall today."

"I'm scared, Dad. What if I fail again?" I threw my hands in the air and stepped away from him. "I might be stronger than I was before, but he still has the upper hand on me. He's trained for longer, he has chaos to his advantage. I just, I don't know what to do." I let out a large sigh and sat down on the step of the porch we were standing on. My father sat down beside me after a few moments.

"Dream might be stronger, but he's still reckless. Use that to your advantage. You're smarter than he is. You have more control. Make him let lose, and it will cause him to make more mistakes, giving you the upper hand on him." He tried reassuring me.

I shook my head in understanding. "I just keep having these doubts. Everyone is looking to me, hoping I can do this. If I don't, then everyone will hate me." I ran a hand roughly through my hair.

"That is a battle that I can't help you with, Temi. You need to come to the understanding yourself. You have too much doubt in yourself, doing that will destroy you. We believe in you, everyone does. Here, take this." He put his hand out in front of me. In his grasp held a headpiece. It was something he used to wear in battle.

The headpiece was made out of antlers. Spikes swooped out around it and the middle angled down the middle of my forehead reaching the bridge of my nose. (If you've watched the 100, this is based off of King Roan's crown!) I held the headpiece in my hands and studied it. It was beautiful and intricate.

I turned to him. "I love you, Dad." He smiled brightly back at me. "I love you too, Temi. Now you go out there and kick some green mans ass, okay?" He began fading away. I nodded my head before he fully disappeared. The small smile stayed on my face for a short while before I made my way back into the building. Techno caught sight of me and he gave me a questioning glance as if to ask if I was okay. I gave him a reassuring smile.

I set the headpiece my father gave me on the table as I slipped on some armor. The clanging of metal sounded all around me as everyone finished suiting up. We stood around awaiting instructions.

Wilbur stood up on the small rise in the flooring. "Alright. Today's the day. We take back what Dream and his army had stolen away from us." Techno came up next to me and slipped his hand into mine. "Whatever happens today, will become history. It was meant to be." Everyone in the room cheered loudly and the clanging of metal sounded once again. Techno gave my hand a squeeze.

Wilbur was the first to exit the room as everyone else followed after. I slipped my fathers headpiece over my head and grabbed my sword following suit with Techno beside me. Once we reached the gates, we stopped and waited to move forward through the woods. At this moment, Techno and I turned to face each other.

He reached down and grabbed one of my hands. I bit down on my lip, knowing we were going to exchange goodbyes once again not knowing to outcome of the day. He grabbed my face tightly and pulled me in for a kiss.

He rested his head against my forehead once we pulled away. "God, Temi, I love you." Hearing the words fall from his mouth made my heart skip a beat. "I love you, too." I said back catching his gaze.

"Be careful out there around him, but don't ever doubt yourself. I know you'll bring him to the ground. Always remember that you can always look to me if you ever need help." He moved his hands to my waist. I reached up and grabbed the necklace around his neck.

"I will always be right here with you." I whispered. The sound of metal began clanging as the men started forward. Techno pulled me in for a final kiss, and I savored the moment.

I wasn't sure where my story was going, or how this battle would pan out, but I knew they I had to protect the only person I had left. The man who stood in front of me with a pig like mask resting against his hip, was the person I would give everything up for. I loved him, and I would do anything for him.