【8-2】

Once the couple was back in France. They went back to the apartment searching. (F/n) decided to use the contact that her dad had given her. She hated getting help from him and anyone because she wanted to do things by herself, but sometimes help wasn't bad.

At the moment, Levi was fast asleep on their bed. (F/n) was up and getting ready for school. She called the number. The conversation went so smoothly.

"Our budget is €1,000. We can go a little higher, but that's where it is." (F/n) explained. She gave him more details about what she and Levi were looking for. She hung up the phone after the conversation. He said he was going to give her a call back later in the evening.

She walked over to the bed and gently brushed Levi's hair. She kissed the top of his head. "Bye, bye. Love you." She said to him as he was peacefully sleeping.

In the middle of her break in school, she got a call from the person from before. He gave her the number of a landlord who was looking for a tenant. She was smiling as she was on the phone collecting the information. Finally! She called the landlord which was a very nice man.

The apartment was one room 300 square foot studio apartment. The rent went for €985. (F/n) was surprised to get anything that cheap even if it was such little space since she was in the city.

The landlord was out of town with family for the holidays. They had to schedule a date and time for apartment showings after new years. (F/n) pulled out her calendar. Levi was tired of (F/n)'s disorganized lifestyle, she was still disorganized, however Levi filled her calendar with everything such as his work schedule, dates planned, and deadlines.

"Does January 6th work?" (F/n) asked. "At noon?"

"Ah, yes. It's perfect. I'll see you and your boyfriend then, Ms. (F/n). It was very nice talking to you."

(F/n) smiled, "Thank you. Bye." She jumped up and down in glee. "I should text Levi." She said out loud.

(F/n): We may have a place!

She went on to tell her friends at school the good news. They all were aware of the her apartment searching. The search for an apartment was an unnecessarily difficult, convoluted process. Both Levi and (F/n) had spent months searching. Everyone had something different to say, if it wasn't a new law, it was the agency's rules, if it wasn't the agency's rule it was a new law, and this and that. But one thing was common, no one wanted to have a self-employed artist with unstable income who wasn't a French citizen and a barista that didn't make three times the rent.

Thankfully everything was going to work out. (F/n) paintings sold for hundreds though she couldn't control when they would and would not sell. She also was graduating from culinary school in the upcoming year as well as becoming eligible to apply for citizen in France. However, Levi's business would suction all their money up.

But it was something at last.

That day when she got home, her and Levi talked about the great news.

|||

"Happy New Year!" Farlan, Isabel, Dominique, and (F/n) cheered at their small new year's gathering, in Levi's apartment.

(F/n) kissed Levi at midnight. There finally into the new year, 2008. What caught everyone off guard was Isabel. She pulled Farlan down into a kiss. He wasn't shocked by it at all, not in the way everyone thought he would have been.

"Did we miss something while we were gone?" (F/n) asked Levi. He shrugged his shoulders just as surprised as (F/n) was.

Dominique bitterly sipped on her liquor. It was yet another year single for her. She didn't need a relationship, she was perfectly fine without one, but she did want one. She's been waiting around to find a girl she could connect with and have something serious instead of hookups with lesbians and bisexual women and bi-curious women from lesbian bars.