【4-1】

K.C and I cleaned the entire apartment together to my surprise she didn't even complain once. She was actually a clean freak like me. After cleaning, we both ate dinner together and I sent her off to bed. I could tell she didn't want to upset me anymore than she already has.

She went through her night routine and I waited outside her room. When she was done I entered. She was wearing her pajamas and a bonnet on top of her head. I tucked her in and sat on the edge of her bed. Once again Zelda choose K.C over me. She looked up at me. I gently sighed. I brought my hand up to her and tucked in a strand of hair that escaped her bonnet.

"I'm going to try okay? This whole dad thing is really new to me so you gotta help me out, okay?"

"Yes, Levi, sir." She stated playfully.

"Good night, brat." I said. I stood up and walked to my own room. I commanded the house to go into Night mode. I turned on my side to sleep.

I heard the sound of feet moving and then someone knocked on my door. I rolled my eyes. Oh my g-

"What, K.C?" I asked. She opened the door. Zelda was standing next to her.

"I don't want to sleep alone in that room." K.C said while fiddling with her thumbs. Internally, I was screaming. I can't even have my nights to myself.

"Tch, come in." I told her. She walked in and closed the door. She climbed onto my bed and laid down. "Now tell me what's wrong with your room?"

"It's all gray and boring. It feels so serious and lonely. I don't like it." She said.

"Whatever, just go to sleep." I turned my back to her. I continued to lay awake, I wasn't really comfortable sharing a bed with a child I barely knew. Sure, she's my daughter but mentally she's really still a complete stranger who I happen to be directly related to. I sunk my face in my pillow. I don't want to be one of those shitty dads who aren't in their kids lives by choice, but it's not like I'm the warm, loving, care-taking type of fathers either. Tch, by the end of this summer she's either going to hate me or I'm going to hate her.

|||

The next day, K.C and I went to Rachel to apologize for what she did yesterday. She said it was alright. I wrote her a check to keep this under the radar. The public still didn't know about K.C's and I relations. I didn't need them finding out yet. Next, I gather the stupid teenagers and sat them down. I scolded them for their behavior and asked them what in the world they were thinking. I told them their punishment and their parents agreed.

"Eren, you start today." I said. "I have a lunch meeting this afternoon."

"Yes, Captain." He said while pouting. He looked at K.C. "Alright, K.C. I guess you'll be spending time at my place, my folks are pretty cool."

|||

I got through the day pretty smoothly. Every once in a while, I'd text K.C and Eren to see how things were going, mostly to make sure he hadn't murdered my child, but everything seemed to be going pretty good.

After my lunch meeting, I went over to Eren's house to pick up K.C. I said hi to his mother and father who answered the door. We had a casual conversation. They mainly just checked in on how everything was going on with me and how Eren was doing since he did look up to me as a mentor. I reassured that everything was fine. K.C ran up to me when she heard my voice.

"And there she is." Carla, Eren's mom, said. "She is such an angel."

"Angel?" I questioned. K.C smiled at me. I slightly glared at the child, more like a manipulative demon. "Have you already eaten?" I asked her.