【10 - 1】

||| Monday Morning |||

After I dropped off K.C at school, I went over to Sophia's place. The second she opened the door, she pulled me inside with a kiss. I locked the door behind us.

|||

"You can't stay longer?" Sophia questioned.

I straightened up my clothes in the mirror. "I have to shoot to get to." I informed her. "I have to be done with that before it's time to pick up K.C."

"When can I see you again?"

"How about tonight?" I offered.

"I'll be expecting you." Sophia responded. After I finished dressing up, I proceeded with the rest of my day. Being on set was something I have come accustomed to. It wasn't anything special anymore. In the beginning, it was thrilling and exciting, but not many things excites me anymore.

The only thing or rather person I looked forward to was— My assistant called me informing me that K.C's school was calling. We had to pause the shoot so that I could answer the phone. Everyone took five.

"Hi, hello, Mr. Ackerman. K.C isn't feeling well. She threw up earlier today and is running a fever. We need you to pick her up. If not you, can you confirm someone else to pick her up." The man on the phone informed.

I cursed in my head. Everyone I knew was busy today, not only today, right now. My assistant had to stay here. This is so shitty.

"Can I hold for a minute?" I said to the phone.
"Yes, of course." He said from the other side.

I called Sohpia. "Hey, I know this is probably a lot to ask, but I need help with my kid."

"What is it?"

"She's not feeling well. Can you pick her up from school?" I asked. "I'll come get her right after I'm done here."

"Uh, yeah, sure."

"Thank you." I said. "Bye." I hung up the call. I returned to my call with K.C's school. I explained to them who was coming to get K.C. I asked them to put K.C on the line. She said hi over the phone.

"Hey, brat." I replied. "How are you feeling?"

"Not good at all." She answered. I could imagine her shaking her head while lowering her gaze. She was very expressive even when she thought no one was watching.

"I know. Right now, I'm busy, but right after I'm done I'll come get you. For now, one of my friends are going to come get you. Her name is Sophia and she's really nice." I explained to her.

"Okay..." She said softly.

"I'll see you in a couple of hours." I told her. "Bye. Love you." The last sentence just slipped out. I hadn't realized what I said until after I had already said it.

"You mean it?" K.C questioned.
"Yeah... I do." I said.

"I love you too, Levi." K.C said. "Bye, bye." She hung up the phone.

When I looked up my assistant was looking at me with small smile on her face. I glared at her. She quickly snapped out of it. I handed my phone back to her.

|||

I sighed once I stood in front of Sophia's home. I had brought Leo, Sohpia's son from school so that she wouldn't have to make the trip since I was coming here. I rang the door bell. Sophia answered the door.

Leo hugged his mom and then ran inside to play. Sophia chuckled softly as she watched him go. Then she turned back to me. "Hi." She said softly.