| 34 | The Land of Cascading Waterfalls ||

Penelope tucked one leg under her when she set on the bed with the laptop balanced across her knees. She stared at the clock as the seconds ticked by heading closer and closer to her deadline.

She put the computer aside revealing a photo on the bed of her and her mom. She took the photo out earlier hoping, praying even, that the photo would somehow grant her some of her mother's wisdom. The woman seemed to pull all sorts of things out of nowhere when it mattered most. How come Penelope didn't get that gift?

There was only a couple of hours left before the seventy-two hours that John gave her would be up and the full balance was due. She felt the weight of her pending failure. She was in the position she was in because she couldn't pull the trigger.

A couple nights before she had Liam, had the opportunity, but she just couldn't do it. She felt convicted, guilty, felt worse than that because inside all of the insanity and confusion around who Liam Rogan was to her in this strange twisted task they were embarking on, he was someone she respected. She enjoyed being with him too, as in, enjoyed his company. They actually had a lot in common and their time was jovial outside of what seemed to be growing sexual chemistry. That was a whole nother issue that she would continue to ignore until this was all over and she was out of their house.

She recalled the moment a couple nights before with unmatched clarity. She could in point the second on the clock when she wavered from her mission to seduce him to her will. They were lying side by side catching their breath on the leather couch in Liam's office watching the dying fire's embers burn red:

"Liam?" She called for the second time.

"Hmm?" he grunted, seeming to be coming back from somewhere distant. He squeezed her. Despite herself, the corner of her mouth lifted when she felt him bury his face in her hair and kiss her neck.

"There's something I need to ask of you." She blurted out before she lost the nerve.

She felt him nuzzle his face against her neck and press another kiss there. "Sure, anything. What is it?"

Clear as if it were a person in the room she heard her own voice inside her mind say, 'Don't.'

She closed her eyes knowing she was going to regret what she was about to do no matter what happened. "I-I'm cold. Is there a blanket or something?"

"Here," he said, moving to get off the couch. "I'll get this going again." He added a log to the fire, stoked it, and grabbed a throw blanket off the chair nearest the fireplace. He nestled in behind her again and let the blanket fall over them. "There. Is that better?" He rubbed her arms and held her close to him using his body heat to warm her.

She exhaled for more than one reason for there was a peace that washed over her when she made the decision to listen to herself. "Yes, much, thank you."

Lying there in Liam's arms, the fire crackling away, his steady breathing, her own it was undeniable why she couldn't go through with it. It was a stupid reason really and she knew that. She also knew what was coming in a few short weeks, but she couldn't dwell there. Instead, she would lean into the moment, not because she had to, was obligated to, or felt pressure to for someone else's gain.

She turned to face the man holding her. His face moved in response, but his eyes stayed closed.

She was so warm under the blanket with him. She could feel his heart beat under her fingertips. His skin was warm beneath her touch and slightly damp. She pressed a kiss to the space between his pecs where his heart dwelled. When she looked back up at his face, crystalline orbs were gazing down at her from his slight raised lids.

"Lie on your back."

He laughed a little bit, a smirk distorting his handsome symmetry. "Yes, ma'am."

She moved enough so he could acquiesce to her request. She set up and tossed one leg on the other side of him and pulled herself up into a seated position on his lap.

"Are we going to wait until I get my sperm count back up?"

She laughed and allowed her fingers to dance over his abs, then up to his chest. "Maybe."

He laughed a little bit and his eyes closed when her hand flattened over his nipples and smoothed up and around his shoulders, down his arms, then back up again. She slowed her touch when her fingers contacted his neck. Up the neck, chin. He kissed her fingers when they brushed over his lips. The gesture made her smile. She cradled his face in her hands and examined him. His face was completely relaxed. He had a nice jawline, his facial hair was starting to grow back for the evening. His lips were even and slightly swollen from their earlier kisses.

Hmm.

She let her head fall to the side when her thumbs traced over his eyebrows. His lashes were long and dark, fanned out across his cheeks.

She leaned down feeling so much in that moment, but the only thing she could do to respect her feelings was to set a feather soft kiss on his tempting mouth.

"Mmm," a thoughtful grunt from Liam that was followed by furrowed brows. "What the hell did I do to deserve that? Tell me; so I can do it again."

She giggled the joy erupting from the inside. "You got your sperm count up yet?"

He laughed this time and grabbed her ass before flexing his pelvis against her bare sex. She gasped when she felt him, ready.

She rocked her hips feeling her lower lips spread over his straining sex. He moaned and squeezed her buttoxes.

Back and forth.

Forth and back.

She moaned and nibbled her lower lip when the steady motion against her clit started sending delicious licks to the back of her head.

Back and forth.

Her mouth fell open delighted in the feeling.

Forth and back.

She paused because she wanted to feel him. She reached behind them, grabbed him and eased herself down on his length.

"Awe shit." He said between clenched teeth before he grabbed her waist and started moving her up and down his sex. "Awe fuck."

She grabbed his hands and pinned them above his head getting a saucy smirk from him and a glimpse of those remarkable eyes. She leaned on him to angle herself forward enough to get leverage then she moved her lower back to take him in and pull him out on her own.

"Yes. Use me." HIs arms flexed as he restrained himself from grabbing her again allowing her the freedom to do as she desired with him. There was something empowering and sexy about that.

She giggled in her head at the thoughts that she had about it.

"Awe shit. Fuck me, Penelope. Yes."

She did. She did with unadulterated passion and enjoyment.

Yes, was right. Yes, was good. Yes was the only reasonable thing to say when words really had no place there.

The panting moans, staggered breathing, crackling fire, heat, sweat, crisp sound of their bodies meeting was its own symphony and they were quickly crescendoing to the climax.

|:| A/N |:|

I was trying to figure out what to do as a thank you to every single one of my 10,000+ readers. And then I was like, oh yeah, how about posting two chapters this week! (HEHE) I appreciate all your love and never take you for granted.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! 

Always my best,

- ALEX