| 43 | The Land of Air & Determination ||

Penelope felt the loss of his heat the moment he turned on his back. Her mind was trying to pull itself back from some spaced out dream she had, something to do with a spiritual sojourn with a monkey as a guide.

The bed moved when he set up and tossed his legs over the edge. She heard him exhale. She forced herself to turn around and face his back. He combed his fingers through his tousled hair before looking back at her over his shoulder.

"Didn't mean to wake you."

The depressed quality of his voice made her sit up. Something pulled at her chest hearing him. Perhaps it was waking her up from the inside out. Her mind was heavy, but her subconscious was clear.

She'd been keeping it inside the whole time, but now seeing him in the state he was in and still being groggy from sleep herself, she was able to admit, even if only to herself, that she didn't want him to leave. She never really did. The loss was like a fog horn sounding inside her inner workings.

Ridiculous? Absolutely, but it was how she felt.

She scooched behind him on her knees before wrapping her arms around him from the back. She felt his hand over her arm and he leaned back against her.

Ah, right where you belong. The thought escaped her before she could filter it.

He took in a deep breath and let it go steadily before silence settled between them for a long moment.

She kissed his shoulder and rested her face on his warm skin. His body moved her head slightly to the rhythm of his inhalations. The early morning silence settled around them, wrapping them in a blanket of light nothing. As quiet as it was, there was a stirring around them, or perhaps better stated, between them. No words were spoken, but communication was still happening. It was an exchange or understanding.

She'd never experienced anything like that before. How could she feel more connected to him than she did hours before when they were literally connected to each other? She wasn't sure, but it felt good. So much so, that she ignored whether or not it should be and just settled on the fact that it was.

"What time is it?" She mumbled after a nondescript period of time passed.

"Early." He exhaled. "Thought I'd get to the airport early, you know, rip the band-aid off."

"Get there early?"

He must have heard the mischief in her voice because he turned enough to find her face. She was in shadow as the window was behind them.

"Why early?" she cooed before she kissed his shoulder, neck. He moved his hands off her arm when her curious digits started to explore his chest. He let his head fall to the side with a low masculine moan. She coaxed him backwards and he maneuvered himself so that he was lying on his back again with his legs back on the bed.

She straddled him then cupped his jaw leaning down until their lips touched. His hands smoothed around her waist and she moaned into his mouth.

Her hips were rotating with a mind of their own. The man gasped then moaned forming his palms to her butt, squeezing, and adding more friction and thrusts from his own hips' rotation.

The head of his swollen penis brushed against her growing arousal in painfully delicious steady strokes. She pulled her mouth away from his to allow her head to fall back, her brain dripping in pleasure.

She picked up her pace allowing her finger tips to graze over his smooth chest. He moved and before she could react his mouth was suckling her nipple. She arched toward him and pulled her fingers through his hair clutching him to her.