| 54 | Pumpkins & Glass Slippers ||

"Penelope's putting on shoes."

Liam looked up from his phone mid message when he heard his wife's voice.

"I've got to go." Frida breezed down the stairs and plopped her purse on the kitchen counter before making her way to the refrigerator. "Gloria's here to pick me up." Frida gasped. "Oh shit!" She popped her head from behind the refrigerator door. "Shit, shit, shit, I forgot the necklace on the dresser."

A car honked impatiently outside.

"It's okay, go. I'll get it."

"Thank you thank you!" Frida kissed her husband on the cheek.

"Be safe." He said, taking in her black leather pants and dramatic eye makeup.

"Make sure you get my Cinderella back before midnight, okay?"

He laughed a little bit before he kissed his wife back on the cheek. "Ok, Fairy Godmother. Now, go on before Gloria gets a hernia."

After he heard Frida drive away, he checked his wrist watch. He frowned and rested his arms on the stair banister. How long did it take to put on shoes? He adjusted his lean before typing something to Kirby.

He wasn't sure what made him look up, but when he laid eyes on Penelope approaching the stairs adjusting earrings in her ear, he stood up straight and stuffed his phone in his pocket. The dress was a midnight blue with a sheen to it and a sheer material over it was a light purple color in select spots.

She paused at the top of the stairs, her flawless make-up highlighting all the things about her face that were captivating: her pretty mouth, large dark eyes that became more nuanced the closer she got to him. The liquid magma inside his gut started moving slowly releasing fiery tendrils through his body when their eyes met.

"Penelope, you look stunning." He managed to say once she touched down on the first floor.

She smiled shyly before finding his face again. "Thank you. You clean up pretty well yourself."

He smirked. "Thank you." He allowed himself to gaze at her a little longer before blinking out of his trance. "Ready?" He offered his arm and she smiled up at him, stealing any sort of power he thought he might have had, before she took his arm. "Oh! Almost forgot." He paused after only a couple steps. "Wait here."

"What is it?" Her brow was furrowed, worry in her voice.

"I'll be right back." He took the stairs two at a time to get the jewelry box sitting on the dresser just as Frida had suggested. He made his way down the stairs to find Penelope right where he left her, even with the same worried look.

That made him smile.

Damn. She was drop dead gorgeous. It was difficult to look away.

"What's that?" She wanted to know, bringing her curious gaze to his hands.

He looked down at the jewelry box. "A little gift from your fairy godmother."

He opened the box, and he was glad he was standing there to see the look on her face when he did. She gasped and hovered her hand near her mouth.

"Frida shouldn't have. It's perfect!" She released what could only be described as a giggle as joy spread across her face.

He took the necklace out as she turned so her back was to him. So close he could smell her lovely scent blended with a perfume he thought he knew. She moved her long straightened hair to the side exposing her neck. He clasped the necklace and she turned to face him allowing her waist length strands to fall back in place.