Chapter 17

Another week passed in a flash while all of us were busy meeting the deadlines. And finally today was an off day for me. But unfortunately mom asked me to help her in the salon since one of her workers had taken a sick leave. I was planning to have a good rest but oh well.

I was kind of at peace in the past week because of the fact that I didn't meet Soobin nor Yeonjun. I heard that they were having a blood donation campaign in Busan. So I guess they stayed there the whole week.

"Leahya aren't you coming?"

"Give me a second mom!!!" I yelled back at mom from my room before quickly wear my side bag across my chest.

When I got downstairs I saw mom was already waiting for me on her scooter. Yeah we only have a scooter for now. It's not like we can't afford any other vehicle; it's just my mom wants to invest her profit on different stuff. Plus I don't think we need a vehicle, we already have fun this way.

After a 30 minutes ride, we arrived at our salon. The salon is usually opened at 9am so everyone should prepare themselves for the day by that time. I'm so proud to say that my mom's got a big customer base for her business.

Being a beautician even for a day wasn't that easy. I wonder how these girls manage to play with random people's hair, nails, face every single day. You need so much patience to be in this industry.

I didn't do much though because mom did the big work. I just helped her out here and there. But it was still hectic enough for me to be exhausted.

"Ow owww STOP! You're burning my head!!" I flinched with a sudden sharp voice that rang behind me.

"So–sorry ma'am, I'll be more careful"

The female worker frightened that she quickly apologized to the random customer with a 90° bow. She looked like she was in her mid 40s.

"Is this how you learned these stuff? Where is your manager, I need to talk to her"

"I'm sorry ma'am but she's out right now, I'll–"

"How dare you talk back to me! Show me your cosmetology license then! Aish why did I–"

"Excuse me ma'am but she already apologized to you" I inhaled a deep breath before poke my head into her fight.

"Huh? Is this how you treat your customers? How dare these young–"

"I'm sorry ma'am but if you're not satisfied with our service you can just leave and find some other good salon! Why are you making a huge fuss over nothing?"

"This wench! I'm gonna report this salon to the police!!"

"Okay then, go head and report your fucking ass to the police! I'll report you back for verbal harassment and over using customer rights"

"Huh? What did you just s–"

"What does this ajumma think this place is? If you come here to get our service, might as well act mature enough to be polite to people!" I yelled at her causing everyone to be surprised.

I thought the other customers might misunderstand but they looked quite amused by my backfire. Some of them even joined me with little whispers against the rude women. May be they are regular customers?!

"I need a refund! Right now!"

"Sure but since you are almost done with your hairstyle you will get only 40% of your payment"

The women couldn't say anything more since everyone inside the salon gave her unamused glares. So she eventually had to agree and leave with the half refund.