Chapter 31

I walked out the observation room with my mind full of nervousness and anticipation for the things to go right.

I knew I wasn't hallucinating that day when I felt like I was being followed in the food fiesta. I was very sure that two guys were following me. But only the plumpy lip guy was there with the electronic repair shop guy.

I wonder who's Park Jimin since the police didn't reveal anything more to me. And I can't process the fact that those two guys were sitting inside like they did nothing.

They looked pretty confident probably because this stupid police got no solid proof. Well, fair enough that the cheif prosecutor wouldn't give them a warrent without evidence. The detective added more that the other girl who was almost kidnapped is still in the ICU because of the extreme shock she went under. So it's hard to get her victim testimony so far.

But she's the key to this fucked up mystery.

Just then I saw Soobin and Yeonjun watching Ms Kyung Mi's fuss, sitting in the same place. Judging by how Yeonjun was resting his head on his propped hands on the knees, I could say that he looked pretty frustrated.

I was really curious about Ms Kyung Mi's involvement to this case. But I held myself back from jumping into conclusions before knowing the actual thing.

"Arghhh I feel heartbroken! What am I suppose to do now Soobinah" Yeonjun whined in disappointment as I slowly made my way towards them.

"Oh Leahya, what are you doing here? Are you alright?" Soobin stood up from his seat as he held my shoulders in concern.

"Yea–yeah I'm fine, they called me to testify some suspects! What's she doing here?"

"Aishhh please don't tell me you're an accomplice Kyung Mi-ssi! I was sincere with my fee–'

"OH MY GOD YEONJUN LET ME BREATH AH?!?! Can't you–– can't you just have a little faith in me?! These people accuse me just because he is my brother!!"

Soobin didn't have to explain me anything as Kyung Mi, herself did it short and sweet. She looked furious; her face had turned red in reaction while the veins in her neck had bulged out in frustration.

In short, I didn't know if I should believe her or not. Plus, with my trust issue crisis, I couldn't get myself to sit through that.

"Then can you explain this?" The detective who was questioning her, shoved a few papers, which silenced her for a moment.

"Don't tell us that you didn't know this transaction happened ma'am!"

I was burning with curiosity that my adrenaline moved my feet towards Kyung Mi.

"Leahya no, don't!"

"No,let me go! If she's involved in this shit, I'm gonna slit h–"

"Do you want the whole university to know what happened to you?" That stopped me on my track as he pulled me back to him.

The desperation I had was too much to handle that I felt like I would explode anytime soon.

"Considering the fact that you're a lecturer in criminology, we can't let you leave this case ma'am"

"Then bring a warrant sir! I'm not gonna talk about any of this until y'all show me evidence!"

________

It was 9:05pm.

The taxi I hopped in, a few minutes ago halted near the night club called 'Blue Heaven'.

I got off the car once after handing the driver his fee. The whole city was bright and illuminating with lights everywhere. And the Blue Heaven board was shining with blue fairy lights where I saw people lining up to go inside.