Chapter 22

It was finally the weekend after a long week. I did a lot of flexing during these past days after Soobin confessed me. How much unaware was I to even not realize that he was feeling that way. But I still don't know what I should do because I don't wanna get involve with any guy romantically.

It's true that Soobin really gave off a different feeling for me. Thinking back, I think I was too blinded by my schema to see that. But deep inside, I didn't want to get hurt either. I don't even know if I feel the same.

Yes I know Soobin is a very nice, caring person but–

I'm scared.

I just wanna avoid falling in love at all cost. Pretty sure he knows that too even though I've never really told him any of those.

For these past days, I realized that I've been very comfortable around Soobin even more than around my best friend. I've been feeling safe and secure when he was around but I didn't notice that until now.

Even so, I don't think that's because I feel the same. How long am I planning to take to give him an answer...

I'm still full of confusion.

Because I feel insecure in falling in love.

Anyways yesterday Hyuka had an island wide school contest for mathematics and my boy won the second place. But we couldn't really celebrate it yet, so mom told me to go buy a cake to surprise him.

I entered this cake shop which had a nostalgic vibe. The walls inside were light purple and pale pink while a calming music was echoing through the ceiling above. There were a few people inside looking for what they came for. There were several tables and racks full of sweet buns, flavoured breads and cookies. And the cakes were placed inside a glass display counter. There were a lot of cupcakes and donuts as well.

I rolled my eyes along the rows of cakes before choosing one. And a round cake which had decorated with rainbow colors with blueberries and raspberries on top caught my eyes immediately.

"Can I get this cake?" I asked one of the workers there that the guy nodded his head before taking it out to pack.

I decided to roam around the shop while he prepares the package as there were many more other interesting food. And my mind tempted me to buy this round bun which had a cookie included.

"Hmm is that a fortune cookie...?" I asked myself as I grabbed a bun to have a close look.

"Interesting" I shrugged my shoulders as I grabbed two buns with different flavours before head back to the cashier.

I pushed the glass door of the shop, dragging myself out after paying for the food. By the way, I'm saying this just in case you misunderstand, I didn't avoid Soobin past days. Plus he barely had time to even talk with me because he was having some mock exams. But I will probably feel different now when he's around.

I got in the bus that just halted at the bus stop I was waiting. Two plastic bags were hanging around my fingers that I madly wanted to give them a rest. I heaved a deep sigh as I could finally put the bags aside taking one of the vacant seats of the bus.

I was actually curious about the fortune cookie thing all this while that I immediately rummaged through the plastic bag grabbing a hold of the two cookies that were inside the bun wrapper.

There were two small white piece of rectangular papers inside the cookie wrapper that I took out the first one as I stuff the cookie in my mouth.

"Woah these are good!" I talked to myself unfolding the paper to see what had been written in it.