Chapter 29

A week passed carrying so many chaos around with every possible misfortune. I don't even remember when was the last time I felt happy anymore. Guess my depression level is at it's peek right now.

Well,

Can't help it though.

I've gone through tons of shit so far so this shall pass too.

A few days ago, Soobin asked me to go on a date with him. But I wasn't in the best mood for something like that. Even though, I knew I need to distract myself from everything that's happiness around me.

But the weird thing is that he had an idea to wear all black for this date. I'm usually not a fan of black clothes. But for this time, I thought to go for a pair of black jeans and a long sleeve black crop top.

But couldn't deny the fact that I low-key felt like we're going to a funeral.

Nah, cut the crap.

The funeral I've been going through for the past week is already enough for me to suffer. I let out a heavy sigh, taking a slight peek at my wrist watch, which showed me the time 10:05 am.

I caught a glimpse of Soobin's side profile at a distance, standing at the edge of the junction. He was talking to someone on the phone, so he didn't see me coming. He looked pretty snazzy in his black outfit which was a jean, long sleeve shirt and a pair of black sneakers.

I was delighted to see him, but my face seemed like it didn't want to show it out.

I felt dull.

But I managed to wear a fake smile before approaching him.

"Who were you talking to?" I wrapped my arms around his torso from behind, causing him to slightly gasp in surprise.

"Heyyyy you almost gave me a mini heart attack!"

"Puh, scaredy cat" I rolled my eyes, as he pulled me to his chest.

"You look extra classy in full black" Soobin complimented, running his fingers through my hair.

"You think so?" I asked, gazing up at him.

More like I was gazing up at the sky though.

"Mhm, shall we go?" Soobin nodded, softly pulling me away to lead the way.

"Soobinah"

"Hm?"

"Can we visit Hyuka first?" My fake smile faded away in a blink of an eye replacing a sorrowful face instead.

It was such a trauma for me, where I find myself filling with all that guilt, fear and crushed emotions whenever I recall the misery that happened.

"N–noona– mom..." Hyuka rushed up from the metal chair he was sitting on in surprise, as we entered one of the interrogation rooms in Seoul Metropolitan Police Station.

"Wh–what are you doing here?!? Aren't you supposed be home by n–now?! Wh–what did you do to end up here?!"

"N–noona I'm–I'm sorry! M–mom I'm really sorry I didn't mean to do this noona I know its my fault!! But I swear it was a mistake!!!"

Tears started to stream down from all three of us, as mom and I slowly approached my handcuffed younger brother.

Hyuka put a few weak steps near, before kneeling in front of me and mom.

"Stand up"

"Mom I'm so–sorry I–"

"I SAID STAND UP!" Hyuka stood on his feet back, when mom scremed at him.