𝟎𝟗 | Motherly

"Stop staring at me," Y/N's cheeks crimson as she notices his strong gaze watching her every movement

"I'm just so happy you're back," Donghyuck chuckles, wiping the excess rice from the corner of her mouth.

Y/N widens her eyes at his action. She felt heat surging to her face. "What's up with you? Since when did you get so bold?"

"I'm just brushing off the food from your face, you're a messy eater," he teases and she rolls her eyes.

Once again, his eyes stayed focused on her every feature. He noticed how she let her hair grow out and even dyed it a darker color, and how she now wore a light amount of makeup.

She looked beautiful, like the most beautiful woman in this world to him. He wanted so badly to tell her that but he wasn't sure if it would be right to do so at the current moment.

"Is that Hyun?" Y/N exclaims, snapping the boy out of his daze. She gets up and picks the dog up. "Hi, cutie." She ruffles Hyun's hair. "Oh my God, I adore him!"

Donghyuck finds himself smiling like a fool once again. "I think he loves you too, he is never this comfortable around anyone besides me," he chuckles walking over to the two.

"Oh, right! Is your mom here? Am I being too loud?" she questions and he shakes his head.

"You're fine, she works late," he explains and she nods.

"I should probably get going though. It is getting late," Y/N says. "I was going to come tomorrow but I was dying to see you." She flushes at her own words.

"I'm glad you came today, I was missing you a lot more today than ever before," Donghyuck says, meaning every single word that came from his mouth. Y/N smiles.

"I'll walk you back, it's almost midnight," he offers. Her smile fades and she refuses, not wanting him to see where she was currently staying. "I want to spend more time with you, please?"

"Donghyuck," she heaves a deep sigh. "I'm staying at a 24-hour sauna, but just for now until I find a cheap place to stay at."

"What happened to your old house?" he asks her. "I sold it, I needed the money," she sighs and he frowns.

"You can just stay here," he offers but she shakes her head refusing to take any more from him.

"I can't, I won't. You've already done enough for me and I-" Y/N's words are cut off as they hear the door shut.

"What is going on?" Donghyuck's mother enters the room, her forehead creasing in confusion.

"Mrs. Lee, hi, I'm Y/N. I was just about to head out," Y/N excuses herself but Donghyuck is quick to grab ahold of her wrist.

"No, she was not. She will be staying with us for the time being," he glares at the girl and she sighs.

"I really don't have to, I've been staying at a sauna and I'm doing just fine there. I don't want to bother you two any further," she rambles on trying to remove Donghyuck's hold.

The mother eyes the both of them, "No, you'll be staying here where it's much safer." Donghyuck smiles at his mother mouthing a quick 'thanks' to her.

"I'll pay rent and help around the house," Y/N says, and the woman chuckles.

"Don't worry about anything, Y/N," Mrs. Lee walks over to her leading the girl into her room where she would be sleeping. "You know, I always wanted a daughter so do me a favor and stay as long as you want."

"But-" Y/N tries to protest.

"Uh-uh, I can also see how happy you make my son," the woman whispers so that Donghyuck wouldn't be able to hear. "I don't know where you have been these past years but even I am glad that you're back."

"Your son has helped me enough and I promised that once I came back I wouldn't rely on him anymore," she sighs as she seats herself on the edge of the bed. "I want to keep that promise but here I am."

"Do you guys need anything?" Donghyuck interrupts with a knock on the door.

"Just go sleep, you have work in the morning," his mother tells him. He opens the door looking at Y/N one last time for the night.

"Goodnight," he smiles at Y/N, she smiles back. "Night." He closes the door and heads back to his room.

Y/N notices the sad look on the woman's face after her son exits the room. "Is something wrong?"

"Huh?" Mrs. Lee looks back at her and she shakes her head. "We're just not really on good terms, I haven't been a good mom to him."

Y/N frowns at her words.

"I'm pathetic," she lets out a sad chuckle, "I did this to myself."

"No, you're not, you can fix this. Donghyuck is a kind person, I don't know the details of your relationship but I'm sure he still loves you, and will forgive you. You're his mom," she reassures her.

"You are so lovely, I'm sure your parents are proud of having such a brilliant daughter," Mrs. Lee pats her back.

"Oh, I don't have parents. They left me and my brother at a young age," Y/N smiles trying to not make her feel guilty for mentioning them.

"I'm so sorry," the woman apologizes. "No, it's okay. You didn't know," she smiles. Mrs. Lee spreads her arms wide and Y/N raises her eyebrows confused by her actions.

"Come here," she motions for her to get closer. "I feel like we both need a hug." Y/N can't help her eyes from tearing up as she scoots in to hug her.

"I'll treat you like my daughter from now on, okay? Whenever you need me, I'm here for you," Mrs. Lee speaks and Y/N just nods to everything.

She didn't know how much she needed this. She barely even met the woman and yet she melted into her arms as if she's known her a lifetime. Perhaps it was the natural affection of a mother, as people say, "there is no medicine like a mother's hug". She felt it in that moment. With just one hug, she felt at ease. 

Y/N snuggles in, sighing merrily. "Thank you."

"