19 | Home

"Y/N, Mom," Donghyuck exclaimed as he rushed though the door

"Y/N, Mom," Donghyuck exclaimed as he rushed though the door. He kicked off his shoes, waving a paper in the air.

The two women joined him in the living room, questioning his enthusiasm.

"I got in," he explained shortly, only confusing them more. He handed the paper over to Y/N who read it aloud.

"Congratulations! It is with great pleasure that I offer you admission to Jeju National University.."

Mrs. Lee was the first to react, she clasped her hands together and hugged her son tightly. "I'm so glad that you decided to start studying again. God, I'm so proud of you."

"I still can't believe I got in," he sighed happily, "I thought they'd reject me since I'm already older."

"It's never too late," his mother assured him, "You'll do great. I know it."

With one final squeeze, Donghyuck pulled away from his mother and turned to Y/N. She spread her arms and he walked over to her.

"Congratulations," she held him tightly. "I'm so happy for you, Hyuck. What are planning to major in?"

"I was thinking Psychology, it'd be great to learn about the brain and maybe come to a conclusion about my own mental ability," he explained and she nodded.

"I'm sure you're gonna do great," Y/N smiled pulling him into another hug.

. . .

"Shouldn't I be treating you since you got into college? Where are we even going?" Y/N asked as he opened the car door for her to sit. Donghyuck just shrugged in response as he closed the door and walked to the driver's seat.

"You'll see once we get there," he smiled at her before driving off. The entire ride Y/N stared at him intently. He had been acting nervous the entire morning. At first, she thought it was about the acceptance letter but as he continued the same way, she figured there was more.

Eventually, the car came to a stop. Y/N peeled her eyes off him and looked around. A smile immediately tugged at her lips at the familiar scenery.

"It's been a while since we last came here," she exclaimed getting out of the car and rushing to the shore. Donghyuck followed after her. "I missed this."

The woman spread her arms and closed her eyes. The fresh breeze that blew past her face and the serene sound of the waves relaxed her tense muscles. She let out a satisfied hum and looked up at Donghyuck who already had his eyes on her.

"What?" She smiled at him questioningly.

When he didn't respond she furrowed her eyebrows. She walked in front of him tilting her head. He shook his head, "I'm just so so happy right now."

"Me, too," Y/N wrapped her arms around his torso, holding him close. They lightly swayed together enjoying the moment.

"Will you marry me?" Donghyuck mustered enough courage to say what has been racking his mind all morning– all month.

Y/N pulled away from the hug, enough to meet his gaze. To say that she was stunned was an understatement, she hadn't expected that at all. But she wasn't displeased.

At the lack of response, Donghyuck reached into his pocket and pulled out the velvet box. He got on one knee and looked up at her, "Jeon Y/N...I fell for you at a time when I didn't expect anything good. We were teenagers going through so much and somehow we became each other's safe place. I still remember everything vividly– how could I forget anything. You were like a light in my most darkest times. The moment I looked into your eyes, I knew you'd be special. And you were, and are the most special person to ever appear before me. I wouldn't change you or our story for anything in the world. I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life beside you."

He smiled fondly, "Will you marry me?"

The woman could only cry, happy tears, as she looked at him and the ring he held out. "I will," she muttered and wrapped her arms around his neck.

Donghyuck was teary-eyed as he held her. "I love you so much," she told him as she pulled away to place a soft kiss on his lips. He reached a hand to her face and wiped her tears away.

"There's another place we should go to."

"There is more?" Y/N sniffed as he took her hand in his, leading them back to the car.

. . .

When the car comes to another stop, Y/N looked at Donghyuck in confusion. They had stopped in front of a humble house, the front yard was beautiful and so was the house itself.

"This isn't what I think it is, is it?" The woman narrowed her eyes at him. He shrugged. The two got out of the car and walked to the front door.

"Welcome to our new home," Donghyuck told her as he opened the front door.

Y/N gawks, admiring every detail of the inside. "It's beautiful. I have so many questions. What would you have done if I had said no?" She joked.

"Well, it isn't really ours yet. We need to sign the contract but I didn't want to do it without you," he explained shortly, "And also, I knew you'd say yes. We're practically soulmates." He took his left hand and kissed her over the ring.

Y/N chuckled.

A soft knock on the front door earned their attention. A women dressed in a suit and tie walked in with a popper in her hand. Excited, she pulled the string, and the confetti dispersed into the air.

"Congratulations on your engagement," the realtor cheered. "Now that you're fiance and fiancee, if you sign right here, the house is all yours." She placed the papers on the table and handed a pen to them.

Donghyuck and Y/N look at each other, stars in their eyes.

One at a time, they signed the paper, and just like that, the house was theirs and their future together afoot.

the end.