𝟎𝟕 | Encounter

"Don't do this please," the man cried, "Not my son, he didn't do anything

"Don't do this please," the man cried, "Not my son, he didn't do anything. Please let him go. This is all my fault, he doesn't deserve this."

"You're right, it's all your fault," the other man chuckled as he held the gun to his father's head, "But he saw my face, I can't risk it."

"No, he won't. I-I will talk to him and tell him to not speak about this," he tries to convince the other.

"Only because I don't kill innocents," he kicked the guy away and turned around. "You have a minute."

"Donghyuck," the man crawled to his son, "It's okay, don't cry."

"Dad," the seven-year-old sobbed, "I don't want you to die, tell the man to leave our house."

"I-I can't but you need to go, you mustn't say anything about this okay?" he begs and the boy shakes his head. "It's for your safety."

"I won't go, I want to stay with you forever." Tears spilled from the boy's eyes as he held his father, "You promised to stay with me."

"I'm sorry, Donghyuck," the man apologizes.

"Time is up," the other man voiced and panic was clear in his father's eyes. He smiled at his son one last time, "I love you, my son."

Then he was shot.

"Dad!" Donghyuck's eyes flung open. Beads of sweat trickled down his forehead, his chest rising and falling as his heart pounded against his chest.

It was that same dream again, except it was more of a tragic memory that was drilled into his head as it had already happened.

"Another bad dream?" His colleague asked. Donghyuck looked up at the boy still in a trance. "Your shift is up."

"Oh, sorry," he gets up from the stool and hands him the blue vest. "See you tomorrow." He walks out of the store.

Donghyuck wandered the streets as his brown hair blew with the cool breeze, his clothes were loose on his body, and his arms rested in his pockets. With every stride he took, he let out a deep sigh.

He came to an abrupt stop as his eyes came in contact with those of a teenage girl. Her eyes were a brilliant hazel color yet filled with sadness, her cheeks were red and tear-stained. Donghyuck closed his eyes as he let himself become engulfed in the vision.

Tears rained down her cheeks as she looked down at the city below her. Her feet were planted onto the cement and her arms were holding onto the metal railing for dear life. If she let go, she would fall to her death. That's what she wanted though. And she complied to her desire as she loosened her grip and let herself fall.

"No," Donghyuck muttered under his breath. His eyes searched for the girl.

Once he caught sight of her again, he ran after the teenaged girl, she had already made her way into the tall building. Weird glances were sent his way as he ran inside the busy place. Following her to the staircase, he was out of breath. His legs trembled, they felt sore as he made his way up the flights of stairs.

Determination drove Donghyuck after her, his hand reached to his phone dialing 911, he informed them of the situation to which they responded quickly.

Finally reaching the rooftop, his eyes landed on the girl who stood at the edge of the railing just as she was in the vision he had.

"Don't do it," he said earning her attention. She turned to look at him and he took a step closer to her. "It's not worth it." His breathing is heavy, his chest burning from all the running.

"You don't know anything about me!" She yells, her cries becoming louder.

"You're right I don't know anything but I do know how much it hurts to lose someone," he begins, "Do you know how much you'll hurt the people close to you?"

"I-I could care less," her lips quiver and she looks back down. Her expression changing to one of fear and regret, she did care.

"I'll help you off," he takes her hand and helps her off of the edge. A feeling of relief took over Donghyuck as he was engulfed in a second vision about her, a happier ending to her life.

"Even if you're not tonight, you'll be alright," he smiles, a comforting one. "You are young, so stay and live your life, okay?" The young girl nods as she wipes her tears.

"Everything will turn out better than okay, you'll see." The girl nods. She takes a few steps closer to him and wraps her arms around his waist.

"Th-Thank you for saving me," she cried into his chest. Not knowing what to do, he just stood there in silence letting the girl cry her feelings out.

No more words are spoken as the girl removes her arms from around him, takes her stuff from the floor, and walks away. Her eyes wandering over the rooftop a bit before she heads inside the building.

I did it.

Donghyuck lets out a deep exhale as he plops himself onto the concrete floor. His chest heaving up and down, he was tired yet a smile still found its way onto his face.

He was finally putting his ability to good use and it felt good somehow. It felt good to have a positive impact on a person's life no matter how minor or drastic that impact is.

Laying there, he was reminded of her. If it weren't for her, he wouldn't have tried. He would have continued to ignore the fact that he had this ability for a good reason.

He stood up and went to the place that never failed to remind him of her. A place that was as beautiful as her, so cold yet solacing at the same time.

The sea.

The fresh breeze blew through his hair and sent chills down his spine. He laid down on the sand letting his body relax after his long day. The sun had already set and very few people were seen.

"I saved someone again, Y/N." He spoke to no one although he liked to imagine that he was talking to her. "I've saved thirteen people since you left two years ago."

His eyes closed as he relaxed to the peaceful sounds of the heavy waves crashing against the shore. "I want you to come back, Jeon Y/N."

A peaceful silence engulfed the boy as he enjoyed his own company. He wrapped his arms around himself as the breeze was getting stronger and colder.

"Are you going to sleep here?" He heard someone speak. He opened his eyes and looked over at the person sitting beside him. Only the subtle light from the moon made the face visible.

"What are you doing here?"