𝟎𝟑 | Regrets

"Lee Donghyuck!" Y/N yelled, startling the teenager as he was just trying to get to class

"Can you not scare me like that?" He continues walking to class, Y/N following beside him.

"Not to urge you or anything but it's been weeks and you still haven't told me about you," she says. "But!" She speaks again. "I've been thinking and I came up with different possibilities."

"Oh god, what did you come up with?" Donghyuck sighs, a nervous yet amused sigh.

"Are you perhaps..." Y/N looks around before coming closer to him, "...a vampire?" She whispers and Donghyuck can't help but laugh.

"No, I am certainly not a vampire," he says taking a seat at his desk.

"Well, it makes sense. You hate eye contact because your eyes can change color and you always wear that hoodie to cover yourself from the sun," she continues rambling on.

"Oh my god! Are you sticking with me because my blood suits your taste?"

"Y/N, no. You don't need to worry about getting your blood sucked. I am not a vampire and I am pretty sure they don't even exist," Donghyuck laughs.

"You never know," she shrugs her shoulders before turning around to face the front of the classroom.

Time ticked slowly as the dreadful English lesson progressed. Donghyuck's focus was anywhere but at the professor. His mind pondered on the thought of how Y/N would react to his unusual ability.

Would it creep her out? Would she even believe him?

Throughout the entirety of seven different high schools, she was his only friend. The only one to ever talk to him and care for him.

"Earth to Lee Donghyuck," Y/N snapped the boy out of his thoughts. "Class is over, dummy."

"Huh?" He takes a look around at the students clearing their desks. "Oh."

"Why were you so deep in thought?" Y/N questions. "Were you planning my murder because I found out about your kind?"

"What? No, vampires don't exist," Donghyuck laughs as he grabs his bag. "By the way, what are you gonna do for the rest of the day?"

"The usual, sending out flyers to people who could care less about my missing brother," she shrugs her shoulders letting out a deep exhale.

"Can I join you?" He asks. "I don't have anything else to do and I really don't want to go home so I figured I can help you out."

"Well, I guess I wouldn't mind some company," the edges of her lips curved upwards into a small smile.

. . .

"Thank you for your company today," Y/N broke the peaceful silence as they neared her house.

"Mhm," Donghyuck hummed in response.