𝟏𝟐 | Pain

"Dad!" Y/N and Sunwoo ran downstairs cheerfully as they heard the front door open revealing the older man

"Piggyback!" Sunwoo cheered, jumping up and down with his arms lifted up in the air.

"Loves, your father is busy right now. Come with mommy for now," their mother held both of their hands leading them away from their father. "Stay here while I go help your dad."

The two children stayed in the living room obediently, waiting for their mother to return.

"Daddy had ketchup on his clothes," Sunwoo giggled, and Y/N sighed.

"Dad hates ketchup, Sunwoo," the seven-year-old told her brother. "And, he had a cut on his cheek. I think that was blood."

"Is daddy a bad guy?" Sunwoo questioned, tears filling his doe-like eyes.

"Of course not," Y/N defends her father, "He probably fell or something, you know dad is clumsy." The girl giggled before taking her brother's hand.

"Mommy told us to stay here," the younger boy murmurs.

"We'll only spy a little, we'll be fine as long as they don't find out," Y/N convinced him, sneaking over to the kitchen where the couple was having a serious discussion.

"In front of his child, why the hell would you do that? The poor boy.." Their mother sobbed into her palm.

"I know but I had no other choice, I already took care of the boy, but I don't think we're safe here anymore," the father sighed, running his hand through his hair. "We need to go...just the two of us."

"You're crazy if you think I'm leaving our children on their own," the woman uttered as loud as she could.

"We have no other choice," the male grit his teeth, angered by the situation he caused because of his careless actions.

"No, don't leave," Y/N sobbed, running over to her parents and hugging them.

"Baby," the woman cupped her daughter's face. "We're not going to leave you. Don't worry." 

"Promise?" The girl stuck out her pinky finger and her mother interlocked her pinky with hers. "We promise."

. . .

Liars.

Y/N stood in silence, her mind still processing the presence of the two people she despised yet yearned for at the same time. Her mother was still as beautiful as she remembers yet older, with streaks of white hair and wrinkles in the corners of her face. Her father also looked the same the only differences being the cane he depended on with his right hand and the white hairs that covered his scalp.

"You grew up so well," the woman breaks the silence, the wrinkles at the corners of her eyes becoming more evident as she smiles.

"Have you been well?" the man speaks, his voice still as stern and deep as the girl remembers.

"Why, after all this time," Y/N bites her bottom lip to suppress herself from crying in front of them, "do you appear now?"

"Because we missed you, darling," her mother reaches for her hand which she angrily shoves off. "Y/N..."

"If you loved us you would never leave. You left me to take care of Sunwoo when I could barely take care of myself," the girl seethes. "You didn't care that we would starve or that we'd get sick, you just up and left when you said you wouldn't. You lied and you left when all you had to do was stay!"

"We had our reasons," The elder Jeon tries to reason with his furious daughter.

"I don't care," Y/N aggressively wipes the tears that ran down her reddened cheeks. "You chose to step out of our lives, and now it's my choice to never see you again. Leave."

"What about Sunwoo? Is he alright?" the woman asks.

"He-He's probably asleep by now," she tells them before turning around and leaving the two parents to their dismay.

Rushing into the empty house, Y/N's back slides against the door as she breaks down. She holds her knees close to her chest as she buries her head in between them.

The girl never really had a chance to mourn about losing her parents. She had to be strong for Sunwoo, and she was, however, now that she has been strong for far too long, she cries and cries to her heart's content.

Never in a million years would she have thought that seeing them again would pain her this much. Maybe her tears weren't because of them. Maybe her tears were for Sunwoo who would never get to see his parents again. Or vice verse; because her parents will never get to see their son again. Whatever the reason is, she hates it and she hates the pain it is making her go through.

Lifting herself up and off the cold floor, Y/N makes her way into Donghyuck's room with slow and heavy steps. She was worn out and her eyes were heavy and red from all the crying she did.

Not wanting to ruin the boy's perfect day, she fixes herself up. She puts one of his black t-shirts over her body and hugs his scented pillow as she lies down forcing herself asleep.

. . .

"Y/N," Donghyuck enters the room with a wide smile plastered on his face. Noticing that she's asleep, he quiets himself and tiptoes over to her. A soft smile forms on his lips as he lightly caresses her hair. "Sleep well, love." He places a soft peck on her forehead before leaving the room again.

But she wasn't asleep.

As soon as he leaves the room, Y/N flutters her eyes open, placing her hand over her mouth to muffle her agonized cries. 

and this is where it all goes downhill 🙂