𝐇𝐞𝐫

— JEON Y/N

"If you continue to sleep during my lessons, I'll have no other option than to schedule a meeting with your parents," the girl's homeroom teacher warned.

"Well have fun trying to find them because I don't even know where they are," Y/N said, her professor opened and closed her mouth trying to say something, but she couldn't seem to find the right words. Y/N sighed.

"Is that all? See you tomorrow...or not." She grabbed her bag and walked out of the almost empty school.

She was greeted by her neighbor as she arrived at the place she called home, however, a place that felt nothing like the warmth of home.

"Y/N, I have some extra side dishes, if you want you can have a few," the older lady offered.

Y/N, however, declined the offer.

"I just ate, so I am already full," she lied, I'm starving, her subconscious adds. "But thank you, I appreciate it."

"You poor thing," the elder said before walking back into her house.

Pity.

That's all everyone ever felt for her, but she didn't need it. In her eyes, everyone was just two-faced, the only reason anyone was ever nice was because it gave them a good reputation. She didn't need anyone's act of kindness, she hated that the most.

Even though life was screwing her over and over again, she would never accept anyone's help, no matter how much she really needed it.

Placing her bag down, she grabbed the pile of papers on her desk and made her way out again.

. . .

"Have you seen him?" She handed out the paper of the missing person — her younger brother.

"Are you sure? If you find him please call this number."

Two months. Two months of her eighteen years of life spent pasting papers onto poles, shop windows, pacing around the streets trying to find the only family she had left.

It seemed almost impossible to find him though, almost as if he vanished into thin air and disappeared forever. She wanted to give up, however, she couldn't help but hope that he was still alive. She made herself believe that life wasn't that unfair.

But her hopes were too high.