𝟏𝟎 | Trust

"Y/N!" Donghyuck calls out to the girl, a wide smile on his face

"Y/N!" Donghyuck calls out to the girl, a wide smile on his face. She looks at him reflecting the same smile. Her eyes are fixed on his as she takes a few steps closer to him. 

The smile on the boy's face slowly begins to fade. A vision. He closes his eyes as he gets caught up in the vision of her death.

She was held at gun point.

"It wasn't me," she cries on her knees. "It's not my fault, please forgive me." Y/N rubs her hands together pleading for mercy.

Donghyuck's heart sinks to his stomach not because she was going to die but because he was the person pointing the firearm at her.

"I was so stupid to believe that you were any different." Donghyuck seethed in the vision, the boy grits his teeth before pulling the trigger.

"NO!" Donghyuck shoots up from the bed. Beads of sweat trickling down his forehead as he calms his rapid breathing. "Shit," he breathes out burying his head into his hands as he pulls on his damp hair, clearly frustrated. 

"Another nightmare?" Y/N peeks her head in through the door. Donghyuck looks up at her, his heart aching for her. She enters the room sitting beside him. "What was it about this time?"

"Just...like any other," he simply says, avoiding telling her the real details.

"You're mother and I made breakfast, come out when you're ready," she tells him and he nods. Y/N leaves the room sitting across Mrs. Lee who was also concerned about her son's constant nightmares.

"Is he alright?" she asks, Y/N nods in response. "He said it was like every other dream, but I think they're getting worse," she sighs. "You should have seen his face, it was almost pale." Y/N takes a glass of water, slowly sipping from it.

"You like him," the woman blurts out, a wide smile on her face. Y/N chokes on the water, she starts coughing uncontrollably. "You care a lot about him, and I can see it in your eyes and his. The feelings are mutual," Mrs. Lee continues.

"N-No, I don't think so. We're just friends," Y/N denies her words.

"Mhm, whatever you say," she teases, Donghyuck comes out of his room before Y/N could say anything else.

"What were you talking about?" he sits down beside Y/N.

"About–"

"Nothing important," Y/N interrupts making Mrs. Lee laugh, while the boy stares at both of them weirdly.  

. . .

"It seems you two got pretty close," Donghyuck sighs, as he tosses the laundry over the hangers.

"Well yeah, we live under the same roof," Y/N chuckles, clipping the clothes onto the rack.

"I've been living with her my entire life and I still don't even know what her favorite food is," he lets out a sad chuckle, "And she's my mother."

"Donghyuck..." the girl looks at him, an apologetic look in her eyes, "You need to open up to her, she loves you. The majority of the time when I'm with her, we spend it talking about you. Like just at breakfast we were talking about your feelings for..." She puts an abrupt stop to her words.

"My feelings for what?" The boy looks at her, arching an eyebrow.

"For Hyun," Y/N plays it off, "She was just saying how you always sleep with Hyun and talk to him as if he were a person."

"I don't think so," he narrows his eyes at the girl, "There is something you're not telling me."

"Don't try to change the subject, promise me that you will talk to your mother," Y/N smacks his arm playfully.

"I'll try...but it won't be easy," he looks at her. "She acted like I didn't exist for years, she can easily shut me out again."

Y/N places the bedding down, she takes Donghyuck's hand and sits him down on the bench. "That won't happen again, trust me. And if it does, well, you have me now." She smiles at him.

He nods, "Okay."

"Now help me hang these sheets," Y/N gets up tossing the cloth over to him. "Also about your nightmares...are they ever related to your ability?"

"Some of them.." he responds, a small frown forming on his lips as he recalls his recent one. "I hope they're nothing related to real life."

"Are they that bad?" Y/N frowns as well. "Can't you tell me about them in detail? I really want to help, don't you remember two years ago, I told you I'd help you improve your ability."

"There isn't anything you can do," he heaves a deep sigh.

"Then at least tell me what you see in my eyes, how am I going to die?" she furrows her eyebrows.

"I told you, I can't see your death," he turns away from her and hangs another piece of clothing.

"Sorry but that is nonsense. You can see everyone else's except for mine, how does that even make sense?" Y/N lets out a bitter chuckle. "Are you hiding it from me? Because if you are, I can handle it. Tell me, please."

"I kill you."

"What?"

"When you came back, I saw through your eyes for the first time and it was me. I shoot a gun at you, I don't know why but you die because of me, Y/N." Donghyuck runs a hand through his hair in a frustrated manner.

Y/N is still in shock. Why would that ever happen? She walks over to him, holding his hand and squeezing it tightly. 

"That won't happen, we can change it," she gives him a reassuring smile, truth be told, she was also scared. But she trusts him...even with her life.

"I don't want to lose you too," his head falls. He felt hopeless knowing that every vision he ever had has always been correct and Y/N's is certainly no exception. 

"I trust you, Donghyuck," Y/N cups his face, so that he was looking into her eyes. "Your vision will change." 

He wants to believe her. He wants to trust in himself and believe that he is capable of changing even the slightest detail, however, the chances of changing reality are low. He was overwhelmed with doubt and fear, he doubted his ability and feared himself. 

"I love you," he whispers and she smiles. He wanted her to know before it was too late. The confession was sudden but his sincerity was clear. 

"I know," she presses her lips against his. Donghyuck's heart seemed to have skipped a beat as he was infiltrated with the touch of her lips on his own. He wraps his arms around her pulling her ever so close, their bodies were glued together. It was as if all the yearning from the past two years was spent in the few seconds of such delicate kiss they shared.

 It was as if all the yearning from the past two years was spent in the few seconds of such delicate kiss they shared