Chapter 34 - Felix

A week has passed by since the funeral. The pain in my chest is still hammering through my day, but the guys are making an effort to make things better for me. I spend a lot of time with Ranger. He has started teaching my how to ride and I enjoy the moments together. He has taken me towards beautiful places where we just sat in silence looking over everything nature has to offer. We haven't talked much, but I didn't need to.

The nights are the worst, memories and guilt creeps up in my mind the moment I lay myself down on the pillow. I slept each night in Rover's arms. I cried myself asleep, while he just held me close to his chest. He hasn't judged me or pushed me, he just held me right as I needed it the most. He was dear every morning to make sure I would wake up and get out of bed. He had each morning pulled me against his chest and I had just listened to his hard beat. That simple gesture had meant a lot to me.

But today I wake up in an empty bed. I toss around to feel him, but he isn't here. Something must be going on for him to leave me. I put some clothes and grab a sweater from Rover, smelling him keeps me sane. I walk downstairs as I feel how my head is still clouded from sleep. The compound is empty, the kitchen, the bar, even Ranger's office is empty. I wonder where they all can be. But then as I walk out my stomach drops.

The first thing I spot is Felix.

The next thing I spot is all our guys lined up and ready to kill Felix in front of him. They are standing as if they are holding a face off. Ranger and Rover are both fuming. I can easily see it by the way their body is tensed. I wrap my mind around the situation. This can't be happening, what is he doing here?

I walk at Rover and Ranger. They look at me. "Get back inside." Rover hisses between his teeth. But before I can answer Felix calls me. "Fox, you need to listen to me." He screams at me. I look at Felix. "What are you doing here?" I ask not knowing what is going on. "I am here to take you home." Felix answers deadly calm. "No you aren't. I am home. This is my home." I retort.

"Fox don't, do you have any idea how dangerous they are?" Felix tries to plead with me. I can't believe what he is saying right now, I can feel how the hair on my arms is rising. "Yes Bones, but then so are you." I reply with a deathly stare. "You belong with me." He adds. I can see how Rover tenses, he is going to lose his shit.

"And that's where you are wrong, Casanova." I stop Felix. I look at Rover, he is still throwing deathly glares at Felix. "I belong with Rover, he told me the truth, he has always been honest with me." I can see Felix is looking confused at Rover. "Even about you. You didn't, I told you from the start. Instead you have betrayed my trust over and over again. So I suggest you drive off now."

And then suddenly Felix's whole demeanor changes. My soft pleading friend is gone. "Did you like it? Was it good taking her first time? Was it as good as the next whore you took? You don't deserve her." He spats towards Rover. Rover storms forward. I stop him with my hand on his chest. I look deep in his storming eyes and whisper. "I am yours and yours alone. I don't care what he has to say. I love you." And I kiss him with all I have got, with all my love for him. And with that I can hear Felix curse and drive off.