Chapter 36 - Hand over

"They are here to collect a debt." I whisper. 

"What?" Rover almost screams. Rover is fuming, Ranger looks pale as a ghost. "I am payment for a debt." I try again. "FUCK" Rover's fist smashes loudly on the table. Ranger looks as pale as ever. "Don't tell me she did it." Ranger says as he looks at me.

Rover looks at Ranger, still pissed as hell. "What are you taking about?" he asks. "The woman who gave birth to me, used me to pay off her debts." I answer the question. I am trembling with fear, I don't want to go anywhere. I want to stay here, with my family, they are all I have left. "She did what?" Rover spits.

"How did you find out?" Ranger asks before I can answer. "After the funeral, there was a letter on my porch." I try to say. "WAIT YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS?" Rover screams through the room, he is beyond fuming right now. "NO, LET'S MAKE ONE THING CLEAR. I DID KNOWN AND I WOULD NEVER HAVE LET HER IF I WOULD HAVE KNOW." Ranger is beyond fuming by Rover's insinuation. "I always feared that one day she might sink so low and do this to our daughter." He says a bit more collected.

"She is responsible for the death of my parents. She wanted to make sure I would stay with you. She claims that you are the only one who can keep me safe." Tears stream down my face. Ranger envelops me in a hug. "I don't want to go with them. You guys are my family, my everything." I whisper. "I know love." Ranger replies as he softly brushes my hair.

"Tell me what did she say about the debt?" Ranger asks. "That I was property of the VP of the bone collectors and his sons Johnny, Bullet and Bones." I say the words from the letter, someone's property what mother would make such a deal? "That snake." Ranger hisses. "Felix is Bones." Rover adds. "Do you think he knows?" his question is directed to me. "I have no idea. I don't want to find out." I reply

Wolf is still standing in the room, looking at the events that just have occurred. "Prez, VP, you better hurry out, they are heavy armed." He says. My eyes widen in fear, armed, they are not here to talk. "You are staying here." Rover says stern. "No, I am not, it's me they want." I reply stubborn, if he thinks I would let him go alone, he got another thing coming. "IT WAS NOT A QUESTION." Rover screams.

"Rover, calm down. She is coming. It might be the only way to talk some sense in them." Ranger says. "She isn't marked yet." Rover brushes his hand through his hair, fear written all over his face. "I know, but we still have got an ace on our sleeve." Ranger answers with a small smile. I can see that it's a gamble, not an actual solution. "Stay by our side, Lex." Ranger commands. I nod and follow them outside.

As we walk out, I am terrified. Johnny, Bullet and Felix are lined up in front of us. There are a lot of riders behind them. All heavy armed. I take a deep breath; I need to be strong. "Johnny." Ranger greets. "Ranger." Johnny answers. "What are you doing on my ground?" Johnny has an evil smile on his face. "We are here to claim what is ours."

"And what would that be?" Ranger asks. Felix is looking at me and a shiver runs down my spine. I grab Rovers hand and he squeeze in it. "Your daughter Aleksa." Johnny says with an evil grin. The whole place turns deathly silent. One by one all our riders walk out. They are also heavy armed. "She is my daughter; she is not coming." Ranger says stern. "I have papers that claim otherwise. Her mother sold her to pay off her debt." Johnny has an amused smile on his face as he continues. "She really must be the most horrible person, anyone can imagine." He adds while looking at me.

Felix approaches us with a paper in his hands. He hands it over to Ranger and Rover. He stops in front of me, I can feel how Rover tenses next to me. "Hi Fox." He says. "F*ck off." Is all I manage to reply. Felix smirks. I can see both men are reading the paper.

"I am sorry, but we can't let that happen. She is one of us." Ranger says after a while. The situation is tensed, this is not good. "No Ranger, she is not." Johnny replies. "You failed to mark her." He grins back at us, he is clearly having fun destroying people's life. "She was marked before this document was constructed." Ranger says stern.

Johnny's demeanor changes in seconds, fumingly he walks over. "You are lying." He spats. "I am not." Ranger says deadly calm. "Show your arm Lex." He says. I do as I am told and hold out my arm. "You see gentlemen, beneath the beautiful tattoo there's a scar. A round circular scar and it was inflicted by my predecessor. He marked her as a silent rider." Ranger says.

"Bullshit" I can see how Johnny's temper is rising. "It's the truth." Boulder backs us up. I look over at Felix. He knows about the scar; he must say something. My eyes pleading at him, but he doesn't make a move.

"You do know that the scar doesn't count as a mark." Johnny says suddenly. "Why not?" Ranger stands almost face to face with him. "Because it isn't showing her true colors." He says with an evil smirk. Ranger looks over at me, guilt in his eyes.

"We are taking her; you can choose if it's with or without violence." Johnny replies before he walks back over to his men. "Name your price." Ranger says. "Your charter." A deadly silence follows. They can't give this all up for me. There is no way we will win this. We are totally outnumbered. In a fair fight we would stand a change, but not here. Not like this.

All men are placing their hands on their gun, waiting for a signal from Ranger. The place is deadly silent, tension raging in the air. I can't let them sacrifice everything for me. So before anybody can die, before anybody can make a stupid decision, except for me, I open my mouth.

"I'll do it."

Everybody looks at me. Rover is fuming. "Wise choice princes." Johnny answers. "She is not." Rover is seeing red, that much I can tell. "If you even think about it, I'll shoot you in the head." He says. "It isn't your decision to make." He says as he looks down at me. I press my hand against his cheek. "Rover it is." I softly say. I wrap my arms around him. "I can't lose another person I love." I say as I lean my forehead against his.

"I need time to say goodbye and grieve for my parents. I want two weeks and I'll go with you guys." I retort Johnny. Felix looks at Johnny. Before either of them can react I hear another voice. "Okay." Bullet says. Everybody looks confused at him. "That's not your decision to make." Johnny answers with a raised voice. "Yeah it is, I am VP and I will take the route without suffering." Bullet answers. "Fine, you have a deal. We'll see you in two weeks princess." Johnny says with his evil smile.

As they drive off a shiver runs over my spine. How on earth will I survive loosing Rover. I turn around and look in his eyes. He looks so broken and devastated.

Fuck what have I done.