Chapter 3 - Prom

My birthday is finally here, I am so excited. Even more excited to go to Prom. We had a lovely diner with the family, mom made my favorite, a Mexican chili with some tortillas. She has helped me with my hair, first she curled it and then she had placed it in a glamorous messy bun high on my head with a couple of hair locks carefully removed. I am applying some final touches on my make up as I hear the doorbell. I quickly grab my two-tone black frame glasses and walk downstairs. I hear Felix greet my parents and walk down stairs, suddenly they turn quiet.

"Hi Felix." 

I say as I feel myself blushing.

"Hi Fox" 

I see his eyes roam over my body and a warm smile spreads on his face. "You look absolutely beautiful. Happy birthday." He hands me a small corsage and takes my hand, he carefully ties the string and presses a gentle kiss on my cheek. Felix has a beautiful tuxedo, and surprisingly it's a gray that goes extremely well with my dress. I am taking a look at the corsage and the colors in their also match my dress. Suspiciously I eye my mom and Felix. "You look handsome as well, I am only surprised that you didn't go for black." I answer him. He blushes, damn he looks cute. "You've got me, I asked your mom for some advice." It seems that he made a lot of effort for me. My mother seems to be over the moon about it. "I want a picture of the two of you." She says. I pose next to Felix and they take several pictures, he wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me closer. "You two look so beautiful." Mom says. 

Dad has been quiet this whole time he is just studding Felix. "Felix, if you hurt my baby girl, I will personally cut your balls off." He suddenly says. "Dad, is that really necessary." I look over at him. "And the rest of the force will be happy to join me." He adds before he hugs me and smiles. "Felix take a picture of me and my beautiful family, would you?" He nods and happily obliges. "Pumpkin, we have a little present for you as well." Dad says. "Dad, you didn't have to." I reply as he hands me a small box. "We didn't but we want to." Mom says as she proudly watches me. I open the box and there inside I find two beautiful small necklaces. The first has a tiny golden flower and the second has a tiny emerald green diamond, matching the color of my eyes perfectly. "Mom, dad. I don't know what to say these are beautiful." "May I?" dad asks. I nod and turn around; he places the two necklaces layered over each other around my neck. I turn around and face them. They are holding each other tight. "You look stunning, pumpkin." I hug them tight and press a kiss on their cheek.

Felix and I walk outside to his car, he holds my door and helps me in the car. I fiddle nervously with the corsage until Felix grabs my hand. "Don't Fox, you look absolutely beautiful." "Thank you, but you know, I am your best friend, you don't have to say those things to me." I respond. "I am a bit curious, was there some money left?" "Seriously, Casanova? You won't have time for that because you will be dancing with Lori all night long." I respond, he laughs and drives off.

When we arrive, it feels as if all people are looking at Felix. "They are staring at you." I whisper. "No, they are not." He answers. "Yes, they definitely are." I state, I am certain of it. "Fox, have you seen yourself they are definitely staring at you." I blush. "You're so damn cute when you blush. Stay here I am going to grab us some drinks." 

I nod and as he walks away, I see Lori in the corner of my eye storming towards me. I brace myself for what's about to come. "Wasn't I clear enough?" she asks. "Hi Lori, good night to you too. What are you talking about?" I ask. "I wanted to go with Felix." "Lori, as I said before, I am sorry, but he didn't want to go with you." Lori stares daggers at me. Luckily Felix arrives back with our drinks and a slow song starts. "Felix, dance with me." Lori commands. "Sorry Lori, but I promised myself to only dance with the most beautiful girl of prom, I have to keep up high standards. You know? Alex would you do me the honor?" He offers me his hand. Lori and I are looking at him as if he's an alien. Quickly I regain my senses and put my hand in his. He places our drinks on the table and pulls me on the floor. Lori is still standing in the same spot as if she was hit by lightning.