Chapter 11 - A night out

I sat there on the floor for a long time even after Rover left. This is my last night in this awful place. Tomorrow I'll drive back home. I desperately want to take my mind of things. Why not make the most of it? And suddenly I remember when I drove in town, I spotted a club. How about I treat myself to the rest of my prom. I really want to go for some dancing and maybe I can even forget about this whole situation before I drive off. 

I jump in the shower and let the hot water run over me. My back and shoulders are tense from the emotions. I wash my hair and stand there until my body looks bright red from the hot water. I exit and wrap myself in a large towel. I walk towards my suitcase and go through the dresses I brought with me. 

I don't have that much choice, I am more of a jeans girl. I take place in front of the mirror and braid my hair into a side fishtail braid, starting from the top of my head all the way down. I apply some light make-up and put on the dress. It's a black dress, tightly fitting with long sleeves and a deep open back. I smile at myself in the mirror. "You do look like a fox." I say with a smile to boost my confidence.

As I walk in the club I notice it's really crowed. I feel a lot of eyes on me, people are definitely looking at me. What was I thinking going to a club, all alone. I am not a club girl, I am a stay at home and study girl. But for once in my life, I just don't care, I just want to have fun. So with my new found confidence I walk to the bar and order a bottle of water. I take a couple of sips and make my way over to the dancefloor. I close my eyes take a couple of breaths and start to dance. I sway my hips with the rhythm of the music and start to relax. 

The beats fill me up and I smile. I finally feel like I am enjoying myself until I feel a hand on my arm. I look up and notice a guy standing in front of me. He is towering over me and smiles down. 

" Hi beautiful. Are you new in town?" 

He screams through the music. I turn around, cause I don't feel like talking right now I just want to be left alone. I continue to dance, while I create some distance between me and the guy. He clearly didn't get the message however, he comes back over and grabs my wrist. 

"That's not very polite beautiful." 

He says with a mean smile. I can feel a bruise forming on my wrist, he is hurting me and I don't like it one bit. This was a stupid idea, I never should have go out in the first place, not definitely in this dress and not definitely all alone. "Let go of me, please." I plead. "Why would I do that?" His smirk is even growing wider and I feel so scared right now. 

"Because the lady asked you nicely." 

The voice booms out of nowhere, but I was never happier to hear him. 

"I won't" 

Rover is standing next to the guy and looks as if he's about to kill him. "Now let her go." The guy releases my wrist and nods at some other guys and suddenly there are three people standing in front of us. Rover just smiles and places his arm around my waist. He pulls me against his chest and I feel safe. 

He looks at the bar and the guy follows his eyes. There are five bikers standing against the bar and they smile at Rover. "So do you want to take this outside?" Rover asks. The guy shakes his head. "She wasn't worth it anyway." He answers. 

Without a warning Rover throws a punch right in the guy's face. The other two disappear in the crowd. Blood drips from his nose and I stare in shock at the scene in front of me. Rover grabs the guy by the collar. "I like you to apologize. You are the one that isn't her worth.." He says. "I am sorry" The guy stammers and runs away. He seems pretty scared. 

"Are you okay, Alex?" Rover turns me around and looks in my eyes. He carefully takes my wrist and softly rubs it. "You didn't need to save me, you know." I answer, even though I am really grateful he did. "Maybe I didn't, but what if I wanted to." He says with a soft smile. "Then thank you, but as you can see I am saved and your duty is done, you can go now." "After this everybody will leave you alone including me, but in case you need me I'll be standing at the bar." He answers. 

He places a soft kiss on my cheek and trails of. He disappears in the crowd and I am left standing with a smile on my face. After a couple of seconds I start to dance again. Nobody dares to bother me or even point in my direction. I look at the men at the bar, it looks like they are laughing with Rover. They are all wearing their biker jacket, totally standing out in the club. 

Rover's eyes pierce in mine and I turn around and continue to dance. This man has an effect on me that I actually start to like. He is smoking hot and it takes all my willpower to stop staring at him. I carefully look again, he is still looking at me. I can feel the blush on my cheek. 

I look a couple of seconds at the other guys, Ranger wasn't with them, luckily or even my last night would have been ruined. 

As I continue to dance, I can still feel Rover's eyes roaming over my body. So I decide to give him an extra show, I move my hips seductively and bent down. A girl joins me and we are now dancing together, I just hope this doesn't look too ridiculous. As I come back up my eyes land on Rover's and I can see him lick his lips. Damn that turns my on. I let my hands slide over my breast and into my hair. The girl next too me slides down again.

AsI look back at the bar Rover is gone. 

Guess, it was all in my head. 

Or maybe heis finding his relieve elsewhere.