brothers' bout (wangxian)

Wei Wuxian walked inside Cloud Recesses, coming back after a long visit at Lotus Pier. He had gone to pay his respects to Uncle Jiang, Madam Yu, and of course, Jiang Yanli. When he came back, he felt quite sad. Jiang Cheng had still been very unsupportive of his relationship with Lan Wangji, making him leave the instant he was done with what he had come for.

But, in a way, it was better than hearing him talk about how much he hated Wei Wuxian. 

Walking inside the room where Lan Zhan sat reading a book, Wei Ying instantly grabbed the attention of the older. Lan Zhan waited patiently for him to say something, being surprised by the sudden embrace of the younger. Wei Ying crawled into his arms, sighing disappointedly.

"Bad day?" Lan Zhan asked as he stroked his back.

Wei Ying nodded, closing his eyes as he comfortably rested his head on the boy's shoulder, "He still hates me."

Lan Zhan immediately understood, hugging the boy tighter. He knew how badly Wei Ying wanted his relationship with Jiang Wanyin back. The warm embrace felt so much better than the cold harsh words of "get out."

Wei Ying silently let out a couple of tears, feeling his heart slightly ache. He never expected the two of them to turn out this way, the reality of the situation crushing him to the ground. 

"I just want him to stop looking at me like I'm the one person he hates most..." He cried, feeling Lan Zhan's hand rest on the back of his head. The older placed a gentle kiss on his temple, swaying back and forth as he tried his best to console the crying boy. 

Wei Ying cried, starting to feel a little better at the feeling of being held by his husband. Lan Zhan focused every part of him on making the boy feel better, seeing that he was starting to become tired. His main goal was getting him to fall asleep, swaying him back and forth slowly. 

"I'm here," He whispered softly, placing another small kiss on his cheek. Noticing the boy's eyes starting to droop, he placed his head soothingly on Wei Ying's, closing his own eyes. Feeling his breath slow down to a stable, asleep, state, he sighed with relief. 

He knew that the younger needed a break from his struggles, and had been trying his best to convince him not to go to Lotus Pier. But, Wei Ying insisted, being his normally stubborn self. Lan Zhan had expected him to come back like this, gathering all his calmness for the moment. 

Lan Zhan picked up Wei Ying, walking over to the bed in the Jingshi. He laid him down gently, taking off his shoes and covering him with the blanket. After he had fully tucked him in, he placed his hand lightly on his face, brushing his hair behind his ears. 

Noticing the rather loud footsteps outside, he set down his book and stood up to investigate the commotion. Opening the doors to the Jingshi, he noticed Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi, and Jin Ling talking.

When the three noticed their senior standing before them, they all bowed and respectively spoke, "Hanguang-Jun."

Lan Zhan put his finger over his lip, hushing them immediately. Sizhui cocked his head and looked inside the room to see why he was telling them to be quieter. Soon, he saw Wei Ying sleeping in the bed, grabbing the two other teens next to him and pulling them away. He looked back at Lan Zhan, smiling. Wangji nodded his head in approval.

Sizhui had already known what was going on, Wangji had already told him that Wei Ying needed peace and quiet when he returned. And, of course, Sizhui would understand the situation. Wei Ying had basically been his father for about a year and a half back in the Burial Mounds. 

Lan Zhan closed the doors to the Jingshi yet again, walking back to the bed of Wei Ying. He sat down next to him, holding his hand and gently caressing it with his thumb.

"Sleep well."