my beloved (wangxian)

"Come on, Lan Zhan, pleeeeeaaaase?" Wei Ying pouted, holding onto Lan Zhan's arm and jumping up and down cutely.

Wangji had to turn his head away to not smile. Wei Ying rarely acted cute like this, and when he did, Lan Zhan could hardly push him away. 

"No. We've been spending too much money on useless things," He spoke, trying not to lose his cool.

Wei Ying fake cried and put his head on Lan Zhan's shoulder. He looked up at the older and frowned. Putting his hand on the stoic boy's face, he turned him to make eye contact.

"Lan Zhan~," He said cutely, shaking his arm again.

The skin on Wangji's face turned red. His mouth was slightly parted open, and his eyes were sparkling while looking at the younger. He tried so hard, but his mouth could not stop from turning into a smile. Even he could not realize that he was grinning.

Wei Ying was in shock. This had been the widest he had ever seen Lan Wangji himself, smile. He stared at his face while it lasted, the entire street coming to a dead silence at the scene. Cloud Recesses was aware of their relationship. Although, they had never even clarified their status towards each other among themselves.

What the two were not aware of, was the juniors watching their Hanguang-Jun smile for the first time.

"Lan... Zhan..." Wei Ying spoke softly a rose shade appearing on his face.

Soon, Lan Zhan came to his senses and realized what had just happened. He looked forward with wide eyes and speed-walked forward with the redness on his face.

Wei Ying stood in shock in the background, rubbing his eyes and slapping himself. Inside his head, he was smiling like an idiot. Because that was indeed how Hanguang-Jun made him feel.

He smirked and ran forward to grab Lan Zhan's arm. He put his hand on his shoulders and stared him in the face. However, the older retreated and turned around. He walked away.

"He's really embarrassed, isn't he?" Wei Ying thought to himself.

"Come on, Han-guang-Jun~," He spoke teasingly.

Lan Zhan shook his head and continued walking. Wei Ying giggled cutely, making Wangji grab his face to hide it, and turn to the side. He didn't know that he was facing right towards the juniors.

Wei Ying slowly lifted his hand to his mouth, "Are you really losing it right here?"

"No," Lan Zhan's voice cracked as he spoke, making Wei Ying laugh.

The sound of his laugh made Lan Zhan insanely soft. He felt so small.

Wei Ying grabbed his arm, shook it, and spoke cutely, "Aw, is my Hanguang-Jun getting shy~"

Lan Zhan turned a tomato red and jumped out of Wei Ying's grasp as he began to slap his forehead over and over again. He was really losing it.

He slapped his head too hard, "Ow."

Wei Ying grabbed his stomach and started cackling. Small little snorts here and there, and his bright white teeth shining. Removing his hand from his face, he looked at Wei Ying on the ground in front of him. In years and years, he had never laughed before anyone. 

But in that moment, he giggled.

Wei Ying stopped laughing and listened to the honey-like sound. His eyes went wide when he actually processed what was going on. 

He was laughing. Lan Wangji was laughing.

Lan Zhan's leaned down and he held out his hand as he smiled. Wei Ying looked at the older with sparkling eyes. He took his hand without looking away. When he got up, he looked at the boy's face, basking in euphoria.

"You-"

"Let's go home, Wei Ying," He said, still smiling.

"O-okay," Wei Ying started to smile as well, seeing his lover being so happy.

Lan Zhan didn't let go of his hand, walking away with him. When they had left, the juniors were left there in complete and utter shock.

"Did that just happen??" Jingyi spoke.

"Hanguang-Jun... laughed..." Sizhui said, his eyes wide open as well.

"And he left, holding hands with Senior Wei," Another junior said, and it hit them, how much Lan Zhan cared for Wei Wuxian.