soft sweaters (yizhan)

Yibo gently pulled his sweater past his head and felt the soft insides of it. His clothing style had changed drastically ever since he had been seriously criticized by antis. He wore his cream sweater slightly tucked into his baggy pants. He pulled a beanie over his head and wore white converse on his feet. 

Yibo lifted himself into his manager's car, sitting there on his phone. He grabbed his bag and his hand searched for the familiar feeling of his earbuds. When his hands felt them, he pulled them out. The tangled wires were unraveled in seconds; it would make anyone wonder why he was so quick. 

He plugged them into his phone and put the small buds in his ears. Listening to music that calmed his anxiety, he scrolled through Instagram. The recent post of his outfit, merely minutes ago, popped up after a while. He stared at it, thinking.

He stared at every single part of him that he thought was unattractive. His cheeks, his smile, his hair. 

"Wang Yibo."

His eyes turned upwards. His manager was staring at him with a worried look. 

He slowly shook his head, "Don't look at it."

Yibo nodded and closed the app. He put his phone down, staring out of the window as they left the parking lot. The bags under his eyes were hard to cover. His growing-thinner body was hidden, but not very well. His shaking hands weren't unapparent.

His eyes closed as they approached his company building. Outside, screaming could be heard. It was muffled to Yibo's ears, the music blocking everything out. Bodyguards stood outside his door, waiting for him to open it so they could protect him. He slowly opened the door, setting foot outside. 

Screams filled his ears. But, the only ones he could hear were angered and hateful. He tried to keep calm as the bodyguards surrounded him in a circle as he walked. He could see many fans trying to run at him, shutting his eyes tightly every single time it happened.

When they made it inside the building, the bodyguards stood outside the door, protecting it further from fans. They would stay outside until Wang Yibo left the hotel.

Yibo walked inside, taking out his earbuds as the hotel staff greeted them. He tried his best not to look too... dejected.

The staff brought him to his room, telling them more information about the hotel.

"We were also informed that another famous person is currently staying here as well. So, we have the place on our best protection."

The manager nodded, and the staff lady left. He turned to Yibo and put his hand on his shoulder.

"I'll be in the room next to you if you need me. Okay?" He asked with a calm voice.

Yibo nodded, and he watched as his Manager walked into his room. He sighed and walked inside his own. He rolled his suitcase inside with difficulty and put it on the floor. Shoving his keycard into his pocket, he walked out of the room to go to the cafeteria. 

He filled a cup of water at the water fountain, bringing it back to his room. He didn't feel safe nor did he feel like he could protect himself from any crazy fans. As he walked to his room, he saw a person rushing through the hall with papers in their hands. He tried to walk towards the wall, giving them space to run by.

Despite his efforts, the man still crashed into him, knocking water all over himself and the person's papers. He fell onto the floor along with the man. 

"I'm sorry," Yibo said as he tried to pick up the fallen documents.

"How dare you run into me," They scoffed as they pulled the papers away from his hands.

"I-I'm sorry," He repeated, still on the ground.

"Do you think that you can just run into someone and say sorry? What if they're in a hurry? What if they're late to an extremely important meeting?" His tone started to raise, making Yibo shiver.

The man picked him up by his collar, instilling fear into the already-shaken boy.

"You picked a bad day to be here, you abomination."

Yibo started to panic. He watched as the man picked up his half-filled cup of water. The man threw it in his face, water falling all over him. He looked down, not wanting to see the most-likely smiling face of this man. Suddenly, the feet in front of him fell. He didn't dare look up, but he knew that the hand on his neck was gone. 

"What the hell was that for?!" The man yelled, soon running away cowardly.

Yibo kept his head down, trying to quickly walk away. He held his sweater away from his cold body, his hands shaking worse than they normally would. A hand landed on his shoulder, and he pushed it away, looking back in terror. 

"Lao Wang?"

Xiao Zhan stood there, looking at Yibo in shock. Yibo was shaking, his hands tightly holding his sweater. His eyes looked as if they were glass, shining out of the tears in his eyes. 

"Wang Yibo," Xiao Zhan walked in front of him and held his shoulders gently, "Do you wanna come back to my room?"

Yibo nodded slowly. Xiao Zhan smiled and took his hands off the boy's shoulders. Yibo grabbed his wrist and kept his hand there as they walked. He didn't want to let go of Xiao Zhan, no matter what.

When they reached his room, Xiao Zhan sat him down on the bed and went to grab a glass of water. He came back, crouching down as he handed the glass to the boy.

"Drink it slowly."

Yibo nodded and took small sips. Xiao Zhan looked at him with a smile, worrying about him incredibly. He had noticed immediately how skinny he was, knowing something was up.

Yibo put down the glass of water and tugged at Xiao Zhan's jacket's arm. He obviously wanted something, but Xiao Zhan didn't know what. He thought about it for a second, and then came up with a reasonable question.

"Do you want a hug?" He asked, holding out his arms. Yibo rushed into them, his arms comfortably wrapping around his back. His head laid on his shoulder, leaning slightly against Xiao Zhan's head as well.

"I'm not going to ask what happened, okay? I just want you to feel safe," He spoke, stroking the boy's back.

Yibo hummed in response, feeling comforted back in these familiar arms.